Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allshe

1.1.0 don´t download IFO files :( 95% apex version have this bug ? :(

14 posts in this topic

This is no bug, for each .IFO file there is an identical file with different extension (.BUP) this is because the .BUP file is actually a backup of the .IFO file.

The reason why Apex downloads only .BUP or .IFO and not both is exactly because of this... since ApexDC (and any modern DC client for that matter) uses TTH hashes to identify files and for identical files with only different name this hash is naturally one and the same.

hi crise

im wondering what TTH hashing is in a nutshell

and when aTTH iconsistency reads in apex 1.1

what does that mean? ive heard a few diff thoughts thats why i ask the developers now

I'm wondering why "Priority based on filename" filter doesn't work in this case? I put the "*.ifo" into highest and "*.bup" to lowest and Apex still download BUP files, not IFO. Is there some kind of ordering of download queue so it will first order alphabetically and then with this highest/lowest filter?

Because the TTH is the same, it will just not add the second file to the download queue, and the priority settings only apply to things in the queue

(what you could do is to add *.bup to your skip list, then manually copy the ifo's to bups when the downloads is finished).

Skiplist? Isn't it only for skip files which shouldn't be shared not for skip files which shouldn't be downloaded. Or am i wrong?

damn you are correct.

I was so sure Apex has skiplist for downloads, gues I mix up what client has which features :)

Sorry, then im out of suggestions right now

That's OK. :)

Apex doesn't have skiplist for downloads but it could has one. Or even better, i would appreciate the function to force download specific files with same TTH. This would be helpful in this case.

Sorry Big Muscle, but did you use any other kind of P2P network than DirectConnect?

I'm administrator of (slovak) hub where are FTP servers and 400+ users with a lot of DVDs . It's running on local network. Guess from where the all DVDs come from? And in which format are they? If they are not packed with rar (what is really rare) then they are in this form of VOB,IFO,BUP files. Even if they are rared, people want to watch them so they unpack it and share unpacked.

And your suggestion is to kick everybody who do not share DVDs in ISO format?

I don't know why, but it's sad that this is not the first time when i saw you to be not so helpful in common users problems. :)

Its just that everybody should know by now that no DC client will download duplicate files. (because its just a waste of everyones bandwith).

Learn to live with it or set rules in your hub that will make it easier for users, thats my suggestion.

(and again, sorry about the download skiplist mixup, the suggestion works but not in Apex yet).

Well, i know that download duplicate files is waste of bandwith but it depends on which duplicate files you want to download.

Just talk about this scenario (download DVDs). I think we shouldn't call it "waste" because BUP and IFO files are small files.

Just imagine:

There would be a filter for download specific files with same TTH (in this scenario for BUP and IFO files) which you could turn on and off. This filter would be applied on the queue list. That's all. Doesn't look hard to implement.

And now i don't need the speculations if it's waste of bandwith or why people share DVDs in that form. I just want clear answer if it's or it's not possible to implement this feature. ;)

Of course its possible to implement, whether a developer will value it high enough to actually do something about it is another matter. ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0