Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KingA

Segment downloading annyoing

10 posts in this topic

Ok... i had enough of this "multi-source" downloading. I want to download files just like old oDC did... if apex finds the same file from different users i don't wanted to be grouped, if i right click a user a user to download that file, i want to be downloaded by that user, not from a random user in that group. I just want 1 user from my files that i select and download.

So, is there any thing i can do to stop this multi-source? i just wanna see ONE USER not "5 Users", and this TTH Incosistency is the most annoying thing i have ever heard.... if u'd keep it like oDC: simple and working, it'd be very nice... now i'm downloading with 9 kb/s thanks to "8 Users" instead of letting me choose the users (just like i did on oDC, if the speed was horrible, i press delete to stop downloading, go to queue, search for alternates, and choose my user... and i know what users are the fastest cuz i know with what ISPs i have the greatest speed).

I just want to get rid of this: when i right click to download a file that's on multiple users it just queue the whole list of users instead of the user i choose.

erm so let me get u right u dont wanna download stuff faster u still wanna mono download and have it slow as hell well then my suggestion to u is check settings and read what the setting says and u will find it..

i don't think my internet connection can go past 11.2 mb/s.

Settings

Enable Multi-Source: Disabled

Manual Settings of Number of segments: 1 (u just type it, don't use the arrows)

Just now i clicked to download from a specific user, but because of this Multi-user BS, it downloaded from some1 else in that grouped list. I'm bothered with the fact that it queues every1 on that group, i just want to queue what i want.

i don't think my internet connection can go past 11.2 mb/s.

Settings

Enable Multi-Source: Disabled

Manual Settings of Number of segments: 1 (u just type it, don't use the arrows)

Just now i clicked to download from a specific user, but because of this Multi-user BS, it downloaded from some1 else in that grouped list. I'm bothered with the fact that it queues every1 on that group, i just want to queue what i want.

There are two other settings you should turn off.

In the settings -> Downloads -> Queue: uncheck "Automatically search for alternative TTH source every XX minutes"

and also uncheck "Automatically match queue for auto search hits"

seems kinda odd that if you have it all turned off, yet you still are segmenting or multi sourcing.....I have used every copy of apec thats came down the pike and it has worked for me....Maybe try grabbing another copy of the client and do a fresh install, or stick with dc++.

sigh well again let me explain

DC++ 0.7x downloads in segmented

and he might have missed to unclick "search for alterantive ..." in settings

the future of Direct Connect is segmented better just get used to it

Edited by Toast

"search for alternative sources" should be checked imho. I had that always checked even in 0.674 or earlier. So if you got a source which has no slots available it uses automatically a source which has a slot available.

/rebuild your shares KingA, this will fix TTH Inconsistency and then you just carry on with segmented and stop moaning. Just because you cannot read changelog's don't blame us. Also, if you really don't want segmented downloading your using the wrong client.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0