Old Indain

tth inconsistancy

44 posts in this topic

TOAST

I do not know how to explain but I can reproduce this behaviour.

See the picture attached.

I used the /rebuild after having the TTH inconsistency.

and after a while , after some reconnection I have it again.

I also need to say that I have 0B in my share!!!

post-1740-1217884176_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1217884362_thumb.jpg

Edited by baba.runner

Well other users have to rehash time and time again aswell tths changes on their harddrives too

Just one question.

Does the rehash or the rebuild also consider the temp files, the *.dctmp files?

As it are those files whoa re having this tth inconsistency.

btw: I am not able to reproduce this with the new build .475. and when I change back to 1.1.0 again , I have directly the TTH inconsistency.

Edited by baba.runner

How do i /rebuild or re-hash?

I have the same problem.

just type /rebuild in the Mainchat

Ok, thanks.

OK satan, toast and the rest of you....I know your sick and tired of this topic, and frankly, so am I, but that does not change the fact that we are still having this problem, there are at least 4 other folks with apex in my hub that has the same issue.

We have all taken the steps suggested in here and the problem will stop for a time and start right back up again. I am finding it very hard to believe this is strictly a user problem...I know that i have started from scratch, fresh install and complete hash rebuild...several times.

I think this things needs to be looked at a little more closely and not just pushed off on the user...Just my humble opinion. I do know one thing it is damned annoying.

Well then ask Crise to look into it. I am beyond my knowledge of the matter. There is nothing more I can do to help on this.

TTH Inconsistency message isn't there for horseplay. It says that transferred data have been corrupted, so if rehashing doesn't help you then start searching for some HW problem.

as this has been discussed alot both here and on other forums, I only have one question here, and that is to the ones having this TTH issue.

Do you have multi source disabled? (in settings / downloads / queue)

as this has been discussed alot both here and on other forums, I only have one question here, and that is to the ones having this TTH issue.

Do you have multi source disabled? (in settings / downloads / queue)

Yes, I have it disabled!

I have found on several occasions that people that have TTH issues with later versions of different clients will have them reduced by a great deal or even eliminate them completely by enabeling multi-source, I don't know why but it seems to work.

If you could try that and let us know if it helps that would be great.

(frankly I'm not sure why ppl still believe that tth inconsistency is because of what you share - when in fact its what you download that is causing this, rebuilding the share will not do much good then, will it? )

:P im out of beer (almost)

I have found on several occasions that people that have TTH issues with later versions of different clients will have them reduced by a great deal or even eliminate them completely by enabeling multi-source, I don't know why but it seems to work.

If you could try that and let us know if it helps that would be great.

(frankly I'm not sure why ppl still believe that tth inconsistency is because of what you share - when in fact its what you download that is causing this, rebuilding the share will not do much good then, will it? )

:crying: im out of beer (almost)

Heh, this thing just don't want to go away eh....

big Mucles post above has a lot of merit, I found this to be the case on tth inconsistency

Several people were experiencing this problem, it turned out that we were all downloading from the same user and this user had a modem that was doing the dying cock roach thing. After it died completely and was replaced, the downloads started up with him again and the tth thing cleared right up.

Little glitches in a file transfer can also bring it on. Personally I think it has something to do with Voo Doo dolls and black magic. In other words I think it may proove to be something that we just have to deal with from time to time, somebody mentioned that if you give it enough time it will clear up eventually.lol, yeah after hours and days of tossing around ideas and trying this and that it will clear up.

In the case of a corrupted file the rebuilding of your hash index will work, but not so with a hardware problem. Thanks for taking this little problem as far as it has gone though, this is how we end up with a better client.

Pass me one of those beers would ya?

it seems to me like disconnect is the problem ..

thats when tth inconsistency shows up

after all md5 and ffp are in place ..

great string

:shifty:

/rebuild do not rehash files... I see one TTH in my file list, and other TTH when I do File -> Get TTH for file...

when I remove that folder srom Sharing, restart ApexDC++ and then add that folder again, it do not rehash files, add them immediately with wrong TTH =(

how can I recalculate TTH?

try like this

remove the file from share

do /rebuild

add it to share

that should work, but why it does not detect that the file has changed I dont know

try like this

remove the file from share

do /rebuild

add it to share

that should work, but why it does not detect that the file has changed I dont know

that is exactly what I did - nothing!

I repeated it again after your advice - nothing again, no rehashing =(

that is strange

and "Get TTH for ..." is still reporting a different TH than is listed in your sharelist?