Old Indain

tth inconsistancy

44 posts in this topic

I think this topic has come up before, but I haven't found it. But,...this tth inconsistency is getting worse, most of our users have been using apex and since the last client upgrade we have all experienced problems with , and it is getting worse.

Is there a bug fix for this in the works?

Re hash all is probly the best solution

Can I have more info on this, I have not experiencing any such problems.

Can I have more info on this, I have not experiencing any such problems.

Sure, what happens is that quite a few of our users that are on apex have been having problems with a tth inconsistency...The file hangs during a transfer and won't completely download.

At first I thought it may have been just me, as I have a unstable ISP at times, and I thought maybe it was corrupting the transfer, but this morning I started seeing a lot of complaint's from our users. Most were trying out other clients to complete a transfer.

That is about all I can pass on to you about the whole thing. I have worked around it now for sometime by deleting the file from the download queue and then downloading it fresh into a separate folder. The files check out ok, so it is not the files them self. It appears to be a bug in the client .

I have deleted my hash files though and am starting over with a clean hash, so will let ya know if that takes care of it....Pain in the butt to have to rehash a TB or two, but it may take care of it.

More later...lol

Sure, what happens is that quite a few of our users that are on apex have been having problems with a tth inconsistency...The file hangs during a transfer and won't completely download.

At first I thought it may have been just me, as I have a unstable ISP at times, and I thought maybe it was corrupting the transfer, but this morning I started seeing a lot of complaint's from our users. Most were trying out other clients to complete a transfer.

That is about all I can pass on to you about the whole thing. I have worked around it now for sometime by deleting the file from the download queue and then downloading it fresh into a separate folder. The files check out ok, so it is not the files them self. It appears to be a bug in the client .

I have deleted my hash files though and am starting over with a clean hash, so will let ya know if that takes care of it....Pain in the butt to have to rehash a TB or two, but it may take care of it.

More later...lol

I can confirm this behavior with TTH inconsistency.

When a download is going and the user from who you are downloading disconnect and reconnects afterwards, the file could not been completed as the error due to TTH inconsistency appears on that file. The only way to finish this file is to delete it and to start it again. The search for alternatives doesn't help neither. It will find other users but the TTH inconsistency is not resolved.

Edited by baba.runner

i guess the users arent listing xD

deleting the file didn't help at all, but I think deleting my file list and rehashing the thing may have...I can see that a disconnect during the transfer causing it, on both ends, because I think that is what corrupted things on my side, and i think it was brought on by my bouncing ISP,.....rapid fire disconnects.

Just out of interest, are the affected users on ADSLMax or 2+ with fastpath on?

I only ask because I have had similar problems with fastpath on when my connection was upgraded to 6Meg, when I was on 2Meg the prob never presented itself. Turn FP off and the probs go away....just a thought!

Just out of interest, are the affected users on ADSLMax or 2+ with fastpath on?

I only ask because I have had similar problems with fastpath on when my connection was upgraded to 6Meg, when I was on 2Meg the prob never presented itself. Turn FP off and the probs go away....just a thought!

Well it is not on, on my side, I'll check with the other users though, I barley get 1.3 mb out of my nose bleed connection....lol

Re hash all is probly the best solution

Yep, that looks like it took care of it....thanx toast...It's a pain but it works !!

:) one user down 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 users to go if it all was this painless :P

Are these possibly all users who have no rehashed their shares since BM changed the TTH code back in 2.x (something can't remember the v number)?

In which case, RTFM, lol :P

But that is no solution you proposed. It is a workaround, yes.

You can not force all user to rehash everytime the user from which you download, is making a reconnect.

All users where asked to rehash when BM updated the TTH code, if you choose not to, well thats your choice.

But you cannot say that users should not be forced to rehash, if BM didn't fix the buggy TTH code people would complain that its buggy.

Sometimes you cant win.... :S

All users where asked to rehash when BM updated the TTH code, if you choose not to, well thats your choice.

But you cannot say that users should not be forced to rehash, if BM didn't fix the buggy TTH code people would complain that its buggy.

Sometimes you cant win.... :S

I did not say that I did not rehash my share, neither i did confirm that I did :P

But the TTH inconsistency is what the client is showing us in the download area. This does not mean that the TTH code is buggy.

Please try it out yourself. download a big file from an other user and when you started downloading it, make simply a reconnect in that Hub (make sure that the download is interrupted) and tell us if you get a TTH inconsitency notification when your client tries to continue the download.

Thx in advance.

Edited by baba.runner

i guess the users arent listing xD
Yup, looks like nobody tried my suggestion :P

/rebuild always sorted this error for me :)

But if baba.runner's method of replicating this indeed works, then it does imply that there is a bug somewhere. :)

I don't remember I have ever changed any TTH code

I distinctly remember having to rehash my share with one of the SDC builds. If it wasn't for TTH code then why was it?

I did not say that I did not rehash my share, neither i did confirm that I did :P

But the TTH inconsistency is what the client is showing us in the download area. This does not mean that the TTH code is buggy.

Please try it out yourself. download a big file from an other user and when you started downloading it, make simply a reconnect in that Hub (make sure that the download is interrupted) and tell us if you get a TTH inconsitency notification when your client tries to continue the download.

Thx in advance.

I have tried this, I dont get an error :S

For months I have been using apex dc with no problems, suddenly yesterday I started getting tth inconsistency. I followed the suggestion of rehashing, but between my dsl dropping connection several times a day and the remote user closing the connection several times a day it would not be feasible for me to have to spend an hour rehashing files several times daily. Are there any other suggestions?

TIA

For months I have been using apex dc with no problems, suddenly yesterday I started getting tth inconsistency. I followed the suggestion of rehashing, but between my dsl dropping connection several times a day and the remote user closing the connection several times a day it would not be feasible for me to have to spend an hour rehashing files several times daily. Are there any other suggestions?

TIA

I re-did mine and it has been smooth as silk....I get dropped a lot also on the ISP side. It appears that re hashing has solved the problem for now, it may be a cumulative problem with consistant drop outs, only time will tell I suppose.

Your lucky on the hour rehash time though, try a day or a good part of it, an hour would be a blessing.

Apparently the new version fixes this (the one I am currently Beta Testing). We will know for sure when this is released in the near future.

What ? this is getting retarded what freaking fix ? show the the fix

This is a user problem not a client problem

since files gets corrupted on harddrive and the user doesnt rehash then tth inconsistancy appears so its your own god damn fault for not re hashing your share not the client..

and yeah i am aware of my language just getting sick and tired of ppl not reading the thread properly and beta testers giving bad advice

Did I say I had proof that it was fixed, I said apparently, so get off you damn high horse Toast and stop shouting all over the place.

Then stop making false claims..

For anyone else to consider posting in this topic should take the time to read the post of devs etc Big Muscle or Pothead.

This is a user problem nothing else