Followers 0
BrotherBear

Sorry :(

10 posts in this topic

Hi again!

I must say that this is to bad :w00t:

I have had 3 crashes this evening and it is ApexDC++

Even tried StrongDC++ 2.2, it's not stable either :(

I have to go back to FulDC++ 6.79 Beta 2 to have a Stable client !!!

Nowdays it is to much changes that is made, why not make one change at a time and test it out before release it?

Damn sorry, but I will not give up, I think you guys will fix this!

Keep up the good work m8's

Nobody doesn't force to update to the latest version. StrongDC++ is the most stable DC client ever, so why don't use it? Why do you have to use version 2.2? To complain that it's not stable? Or to say us that you will use different client?

Nobody doesn't force to update to the latest version. StrongDC++ is the most stable DC client ever, so why don't use it? Why do you have to use version 2.2? To complain that it's not stable? Or to say us that you will use different client?

Because you Say that We should get the newest Client!

There is a bug, security issue, etc...

And we do as you say, then we are in the spinn, GET the newest...

Whould help us more if tou gave us a crash log and description of what you where doing at the time of the crash so we could maybe fix the problem you are having.

And so you know, the problem might not be from the ApexDC coding but from StrongDC or DC++ so we need the crash log and some info to locate the problem. If you don´t have a crash log the problem might just be your computer, and it would be good to know if this is a fresh install or a install on top of some other DC program like I have seen few times.

Hi RadoX!

I have sent one piece och the crash log in this thread ---> http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=2850

And an explanation what I did.

Will paste the whole Crash log there.

Yes I know it could be mine computer that cause this.

I just hoped that this Release could be the one I was looking for, have tried so many Clients in the past 2-3 years, I am missing DCDM++ that was a really good client.

dude,most times the problem is in your machine rather than in the software..

From a quick look at the Exception info it looks very similar to a crash i tried to fix with dcdm for a long time (try & catch failed in inline code :w00t:). Maybe the bug was inherited from DC++ but it'll no longer have that problem since it ditched WTL.

BrotherBear, most of the crashes you have experienced is due to this . . . .

d:\development\apexdc\final\trunk220\trunk\windows\flattabctrl.h(608): FlatTabCtrlImpl<FlatTabCtrl=0x02DC8260,ATL::CWindow=0x0006E1BC,ATL::CWinTraits<1442840576=0x0046B5A5,0> >::TabInfo::update

d:\development\apexdc\final\trunk220\trunk\windows\flattabctrl.h(163): FlatTabCtrlImpl<FlatTabCtrl=0x00000000,ATL::CWindow=0x0006E2D0,ATL::CWinTraits<1442840576=0x02DC8260,0> >::setDirty

d:\development\apexdc\final\trunk220\trunk\windows\privateframe.h(156): PrivateFrame::addClientLine

looks like a PrivateMessage is causing trouble with the Tabs.

If you get this often, i would recommend closing hubs, and finding out which hub is sending this pm. Avoid that hub. And also report that hub here so the developers can get an idea of what is going wrong. :(

this crash is caused by bug in FlatTabCtrl, WTL or WinAPI, because I noticed that it sometimes sends message in incorrect time. For example, WM_MDIACTIVATE before WM_CREATE (why it wants to activate window before creating it?) and this is easily reproducable by very fast switching and opening new tabs.

I have to go back to FulDC++ 6.79 Beta 2 to have a Stable client !!!... have tried so many Clients in the past 2-3 years, I am missing DCDM++ that was a really good client.

pmsl

ive always heard that "it was better before" statement and for some reason that never went well with me

of course some features will be stable but if one doesnt even let the programmers get a shot of fixxing the problem whats the use of complain...

Brotherbear my recommendation to you is dont use old clients they are a security risk for yourself and others.. update report bugs and be patience..

Edited by Toast

3dfx

dude,most times the problem is in your machine rather than in the software..

Yes, the usuall answer :w00t:

Pothead

looks like a PrivateMessage is causing trouble with the Tabs.

If you get this often, i would recommend closing hubs, and finding out which hub is sending this pm. Avoid that hub. And also report that hub here so the developers can get an idea of what is going wrong.

Oki, will test that, Thanks Pothead.

Big Muscle

this crash is caused by bug in FlatTabCtrl, WTL or WinAPI, because I noticed that it sometimes sends message in incorrect time. For example, WM_MDIACTIVATE before WM_CREATE (why it wants to activate window before creating it?) and this is easily reproducable by very fast switching and opening new tabs.

If it is that I open the Search window, then it seems so.

Toast

Brotherbear my recommendation to you is dont use old clients they are a security risk for yourself and others.. update report bugs and be patience..

Yes I know, but I have not found any Client that is working better then that one :S

I have patience, alot of Patience :(

I apologize for my behavior, was pretty sad and mad at the time!

I know that you guys who is working with this are doing a great job, keep it up m8's :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0