Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xombie

[request] ApexDC++ for Symbian

8 posts in this topic

How about making a lite version of apex for soooo many symbian users?!

If only i had programming experiance.. i would try to port (what ever that means) apex for symbian s60v3

Please tell me what you guys think about this.

Thank you for your time and sorry if i asked something that has been asked before, or have put this in the wrong section.

Greets from cro!

We need to sort the linux version first.

Also, considering the cost of bandwidth on mobile devices I doubt it's popularity.

We need to sort the linux version first.

Also, considering the cost of bandwidth on mobile devices I doubt it's popularity.

well many mobile phones wich use symbian os 9.1 (s60v3) have WLAN ! unfortuantelyy don't support some protocols, but with a regualr wep or wpa encription the wlan works properly.

meaning, that with a simple dc++ client the user could easily dl any file he wishes.

the only thing that concerns me is the size of the text

maybe the hubs main channel shouldn't be previewed without selecting it first.

there already is mobileDC, but its for older versions of symbianOS. maybe you guys can use it for guidence?

oh well.. i gave you something to think about. please give it a thought. if its not too much of a problem for you guys to make an ultra lite edition of apex just for symbian...

thank you for your time! greets from croatia!

tnx for the link.

i have a small knowlage of c / c++. maybe with the guidence from the site you posted i will be able to make a dc client for symbian. (using source code of apex or some other client)

doh i doubt that allmost completely. it would be best if i put all my effort in begging the development team here to make it :)

oh please oh please oh please :):(

oh well.. at least i have one person that agrees with me :)

Well I don't disagree with you, but unfortunately I have no experience with symbian or alike OSes, so I don't think this will happen... at least not without 3rd party developer :)

thank you all for your support. i will look into this a little more. maybe i find someone with enought experiance in symbian OS programing to help you out with this matter.

btw. there already is a torrent client for symbOS, so it would just be fair if dc had one :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0