Olorin

One link to one opponent host

9 posts in this topic

I have already posted about. But there can be difficulties with determining the unique host by IP.

Let's try another position: TPC/IP frame contains the origin mac or NAT ID. Could you do the limiter "one segment^file at a time from one unique host" without any linking with nicks or IPs.

It's really annoying when users ddosing me by 5 links from 5 hubs. Also you can determine an unique host by {nick, IP, exact share, tag}=ID. If you don't want to use the simle ways, use macs and nat ids from frames. It's really needed because of the effectivenes of the multisource.

No change is needed for this. Its NMDC protocol defect, ADC hubs are ok, so if you don't like this behaviour, use ADC hubs only.

There are no adc hubs at our lan. Don't you thought about the users, changed their cid??? Or diffentent cids for different hubs. TCP Frames are not editable by users as tags or cids!!!

Why don't you try to make it?! NMDC became a standart and administrators think it's not good to migrate. Also I have already tried an ADC hub. There are many probabilities to pass trough the cid.

Yes, it needed to graduate to transport layer but it will make the client the great over the others. It's already more than a simple client, especially after stability release. It forces loading. So make the forcing greater. It's really needed at big metronets > 150000 users.

Could you think about the idea? This overheads nmdc and adc both by strength.

PS just rememberd where I have seen the nick! My great please talking to you.

... It's really needed at big metronets > 150000 users....

150.000 users, what, where ???

Edited by Aztek

Before long every hub will be ADC anyway. So just be patient. sheesh....

150.000 users, what, where ???

Russia Moscow. Metronet provider NetByNet has already more than 150 kUser. ns.ti.ru. Our host links are 10 Gbit/s ringed fiber channels. :shining:

But we have no such hubs, only hopes. Only up to 5000. And approx. 6000-7000 dc users at all because of low awareness. Also chats infulences the popularity - noone needs to be spoiled (even worce) through the chat because of low qualification of a NetByNet employee responsible for the hubs. We have only up to 250 TB hub shares. :sad: ;)

Let's try another position: TPC/IP frame contains the origin mac or NAT ID. Could you do the limiter "one segment^file at a time from one unique host" without any linking with nicks or IPs.

there is no way to discover peer's MAC unless he is in the same ethernet segment with you

there is no way to discover peer's MAC unless he is in the same ethernet segment with you

Do we can get the NAT ID from the frame?

Do we can get the NAT ID from the frame?

no. it can't be even discovered, does remote peer using NAT or have own IP