romulus

someone screwed this client

18 posts in this topic

well looks like apex has become the victim of the same thing zion was 6 months ago. its the update, ppl get an offer to update because of some bull**** about viruses and it screws the client beyond repair for most users and they dont upade they just dump it and switch to another client. I dont if you guys are victims or did this yourselves but for most ppl on dc++ apex is totally screwed. GOOD JOB !! I'm still using it because i figured out how to fix it but no one else will bother.

If you don't even bother to properly read what the dialog says, please don't make incorrect statements like this...

Also please don't compare the farce that happened with Zion to this, because the situation, reasons and program behavior are nothing like Zion's was at that time.

And no we are not victims, this is a result of careful consideration and relates to this change log entry of 1.1.0:

Fix: Potential remote exploit fixed (thanks Fartman)

Why? Because I don't nor does anyone else wish to handle the potentially limitless amount of bug reports caused by this single crash, created by malicious users with no good intent towards targeted user(s).

Well its a common fact that user doesnt care enough to read the changelog (which is a shame..) in any case if they didnt read it does their opion matter ?

Funny how you comment that loads of people are having this problem. Yet we have only recieved a few post's from people having probs.

Please dont blame your messed up PC on us.

Well its a common fact that user doesnt care enough to read the changelog (which is a shame..) in any case if they didnt read it does their opion matter ?

What? Changelogs....Users are supposed to read that? LOL Thats the problem with alot of software on the internet. They expect the best release to be the first release and don't give a damn what has been done to make the program better.

Funny how you comment that loads of people are having this problem. Yet we have only recieved a few post's from people having probs.

But its easier that way to some. That way they don't have to own up to there own screw ups. Its easier to blame then to take blame :)

Why? Because I don't nor does anyone else wish to handle the potentially limitless amount of bug reports caused by this single crash, created by malicious users with no good intent towards targeted user(s).

wise words :) Good software must react properly on any input data. Btw, thanks for quick fixing.

Hope this topic can be closed, since last version of Apex has no problems with it.

alright im sorry for being so critical and im sorry for not reading the changelog could someone pls tell me how to fix this problem. the client closes when i close the dialog box and if i delete the dcpluplus.xml i lose all my settings and a new xml with the bug always downloads with the update .xml ive tried everything ive disabled the announce new versions ive tried being offline will doing setup and pls dont just tell me to get the newest version not eveyone wants the newest versions. Can anyone just give me simple easy to follow directions on how to beat this bug ?? please. if its the xml then wht cant i just remove that part of the code from the xml ?? im using an older version now and i dont wnat to update.

Well you told us your already fixed it before.

Also, we no longer support older client's due to security issues so we can't help you on this one.

You can only use version 1.1.0 due to the security issue previously mentioned. We strongly recommend it, and do not allow you to use outdated versions. :)

Nice comeback....sighhhh

The funny part is that it looks like he has a new PC but thats beside the point. I too am having trouble with apex that I wasnt having before this upgrade...like,

cannot search in active mode

I cannot get any file lists in active

And yes, I have redone my router to open the ports for Apex....but still no avail I also ran "check connection" in settings and this is what it says.........

Failed to connect on TCP 6969

Connected on UDP 6868

Partial Connection

Try again

.........and yes I tried it in 2 different port #'s in TCP

Just a thought, how about figuring out WHY instead of saying everyone has a junk PC and your software rules all software...obviously you still have a freakin "bug". I understand that his comment went over the line, but to tell him (which includes me and everyone else that is having problems with THIS release ) that we have "boat anchors", was a bit over the line as well.

It would also be nice to know how to fix it...instead of playing the lame blame game

Sorry if this sounds rude, but you all say that if we are having problems to let you all know..I love apex but it would be nice to have the version that was working to continue to work for a bit til all the bugs are worked out with the new release....BTW, why ARE all the old releases available to download if they wont let us use them anyway??...

I apologise for some members' inability to help people experiencing problems, I'm embarrassed. Moving this to support.

Anyway, what port numbers have you tried? You should try two completely different ones instead of say, 6970... are you positive your router is forwarded correctly? :)

I apologise for some members' inability to help people experiencing problems, I'm embarrassed. Moving this to support.

Anyway, what port numbers have you tried? You should try two completely different ones instead of say, 6970... are you positive your router is forwarded correctly? :)

yes..I've had DC++ on my router for over 4 yrs....I changed the ports #'s....and just tried again to no avail..I dont know what else to do....I changed the port for ya...

Testing on address 76.xxx.xxx.xxx

Failed to connect on TCP 6970

Connected on UDP 6868

Partial Connection

Try again

as I said, I didnt have any issues until this update....sorry for this inconvenience and my "tude"...lol

heres a screenshot...its probably huge tho...sry for that

post-5165-1215729957_thumb.jpg

has your internal ip changed at all? That could cause the problem as in the past it did for me. Do a netstat and paste the results here, should help determine your problem, also what software firewall are you using?

has your internal ip changed at all? That could cause the problem as in the past it did for me. Do a netstat and paste the results here, should help determine your problem, also what software firewall are you using?

thank you spyke...I only run windows firewall.....sometimes....lol......I found the problem. the "Dont allow exceptions" was checked......dunno how that happened, but I cleared it and all is fine now.....thx again...I know I know....what a putz....LMAO....the ONLY freakin thing I didnt check on....sighhhhhhh...thx so much

I recommend comodo firewall pro, it has great protection and is very easy to configure. Also the people on their support forums are very helpful, they can answer any question you have regarding the firewall. :)http://www.comodo.com/products/free_products.html

I was playing in Visio hehe and drew up a scetsh of a basic DC network settings in 3 steps.....

Basic DC Network settings

Comodo and ZoneAlarm are both free and good firewalls if you have no money but whatever you do do not use Windows firewall.

Well there is a way to ask for help. Quite frankly, i'm not here to answer question's posted by someone who is telling you your client is 'screwed'.