AleX

Features for OP version

17 posts in this topic

All i want is the requests i posted on the PWDC++ Forum. The ip of user showed near the timestamp, The Hide share option at favorites hub ... and this is all and those in the OP Version of the DC++ client, you said u'll make an OP Version .... and other stuff you guys find good for a OP Version .... Thanks ! Oops sorry i should've make another topic ... but hope you will read it . :)

I split this AleX.

I suppose these two features are worthwhile, any others people would like for an OP version of ApexDC++?

And this OP version would be prohibited to ordinary users?

if so, then you should talk among the op's about this. if not and its better then regular version, then we shall all use it anyway and render regular version useless. :)

And this OP version would be prohibited to ordinary users?

if so, then you should talk among the op's about this. if not and its better then regular version, then we shall all use it anyway and render regular version useless. :)

i actually agree with seeker, none will use the regular version if OP version is better, no matter are they op or not

No point in having the OP version if features are only visible if you are an OP. It will just look like the regular version. Maybe we'll merge the project, but we have another coder on this (we hope).

I split this AleX.

I suppose these two features are worthwhile, any others people would like for an OP version of ApexDC++?

You probley all know what i think about a op version i use ip, isp and time straps all ready to main, so i not only know the ip but also the contry the users are from, as for hide share and hide your self that in most scripts and hub but there are ways around it on the hub side but client side it works, other good bits i use in op client are the editable tags i am op'ed in 150 + hubs most set there max hubs to 40 so also in fav hubs i got a box to add my own tag for me this is a life saver ,asdl file checker i cant do with out this most advance is the dcdm one but i can see room for improvment extras i would and have added.

scripted client as well i can run a ynhub fully scripted with the like's of lucifer and socks5 scripts all form one client.

i can go though list and list of extra bit in my op client but this screen aint that big

SkyNet

I Am Talking About Verli Hub but i agree with the option that the options will be showned if you're an op ... that would be great, or i just want those options in the version of Apex if possible because an ordinary user would select the hide share for one hub but he won't get in because of the share limit so it will be avaible for the ops ... and the same with the ip near the timestamp ... if he is a user he can't see everyone's ip .... so i stick with the ideea :D it's ok about the op version, u guys do what you think the best ... and it will be ok for those options to be in the normal version ... Thanks !

I Am Talking About Verli Hub but i agree with the option that the options will be showned if you're an op ... that would be great, or i just want those options in the version of Apex if possible because an ordinary user would select the hide share for one hub but he won't get in because of the share limit so it will be avaible for the ops ... and the same with the ip near the timestamp ... if he is a user he can't see everyone's ip .... so i stick with the ideea :D it's ok about the op version, u guys do what you think the best ... and it will be ok for those options to be in the normal version ... Thanks !

with the hide share there is just that:

if user is an op in hub x (hide share enabled) and a regular user on hub y (hide share disabled obiviously) there can be messups with uploading filelist, to clients of version 0.674 and older

Would it be possible to make it optional and add a warning then?

maybe, but i think that OP version is not important at the moment, my priorities are getting this project to a level beyond just ideas and discussion, to something like executable perhaps :)

Heh true. Yet, there are plenty of OPs out there! If/when an OP client gets produced that'll we another set of people this will draw in possibly, if it's good. :)

Then Will You Add It In The Normal Version? :)

firstly, i didn't never say that there won't be an op version, i just said it's not the first thing lined up in things to do with apexdc++

secodnly: hide share will be added to OP version only :lol: not to normal version, unless we decide to merge the op version and normal version at later time.

The majority of users who use ApexDC++ will not require the OP features, so it's just going to bloat the program. So it'll be seperate.

I also "vote" for OP version... I would like to see at least 2 feautures from Zion++ blue

- one is advanced ADL search (also useful for non-ops, but not too much)

- LUA plugin

my qeastion is - can You really handle all this requests ? B)

In an OP version it would also be useful to be able to detect various cheats: the real client used, filelist fakers, etc.