Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demondaveusa

can anyone answer a question?

2 posts in this topic

I have used DC++ for years and now have changed to ApexDC which I find very good - I actually upgraded to the new version with no problem - My question - At the bottom of a search screen are 2 counters - 1 is the total matching files found and 2 is a filter counter. What is this filter and do I have to have that filter on or is there a way to cancel it

By my knowledge filter prevents the search results that doesn't fulfil the search conditions. Those conditions are specified by your search frame, free slots is the most common (not sure about other conditions such as min. / max. file size and file type. search results should be returned by requested values only, but maybe a doublecheck is made anyway). It's a way you visually see it, but physically when a search request is sent to a hub, by your client, results are returned in all possible ways, even without free slots for example, tho you have selected "Only users with free slots". So search engine filters away those results as you requested, and the number grows. ;)

Don't worry about it. But if you find the filtered number high, but don't find anything you're looking for, try to put less conditions, which will hopefully make those filtered results to appear.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0