DarthContinent

Problems running latest version (1.1.0) ?

11 posts in this topic

I removed my old ApexDC version (including download queue).

Installed and started the new version. The splash screen appeared, then I got prompted to add ApexDC as an exception in my firewall, then nothing. The ApexDC.exe process hung out for a few minutes in Task Manager, then eventually closed itself out; the GUI never appeared.

Running Windows XP with service pack 3. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! :(

Ok, I solved my own problems.

Note to self:

Don't try to run ApexDC from within a remote desktop session, since the firewall software (in my case Comodo) on the host machine won't send the prompts asking you to allow or deny traffic from ApexDC to your remote session.

:(

New version works like a champ so far. :)

Added to exceptions of Windows Firewall.

i thought rather then making a new topic id add to this one. I am having the same problem. Last night worked fine for me. I did a MS update, didnt restart.

This morning i have come to start Apex dc up. i get the splash header and then i get "Would you like to add an exception for Apex DC to your Windows Firewall" Weather i press yes or no the exe just hangs and takes all the CPU until i close it down.

No i have Internet connection Sharing and Windows firewall Service turned off manually in the services. Could this be the problem? I havent changed anything in my active software firewall settings and have even disabled it to see if it was the firewall blocking the activity. I have uninstalled the lastest update that i downloaded from MS last night and it still hasnt rectified the problem. I have searched the forum but for some reason isnt a widely common problem? figures lol

any help from the people in the know would be great

thank you :)

Install ZoneAlarm ONLY if you are sure what you are doing. It's NOT for ordinary users, NOT for advanced users, it's for expert and up !

Install ZoneAlarm ONLY if you are sure what you are doing. It's NOT for ordinary users, NOT for advanced users, it's for expert and up !
erh, are you being serious ? :)

erh, are you being serious ? :)

:thumbsup:

I had similar problems with my torrent client if I may mention that here. I thought that it might have something to do with Windows XP SP3 but i'm not really sure ...

ZA is for n00bs.

Anyways, it's a DNS Patch released for windows on tuesday that causing these problems. Uninstalling network monitoring software (such as ZA will fix this).

thanks for the feedback people..

After alot of messing i found it to be that it was something to do with a corrupt file or something wrong with favourites.xml I copied the dir before uninstalling, reinstalled and i copied the files one by one until it wouldnt work and connect to anything.. I have saved them but i have just then gone thro them and manually inputted them again..

Long winded but if it gets me up and running, im good.

No i dont use ZA that was my ultimate choioce but Winxp wouldnt allow me to install it. *kept crashing* so i left it... i use Kerio Sunbelt, which so far hasnt given me any probs, Altho other network monitoring software has in the past.. and still does from time to time lol

My bro also uses Apexdc and installed the patch and hasnt been effected with this. which is weird.

thanks for the feedback : :)