Amru20xx

TCP/TLS Port

23 posts in this topic

I recently upgraded (because I was forced to do so) to ApexDC++ 1.1.0. Great work as always! :)

However, it gives me an error concerning my TLS/TCP ports being blocked or used by another application. Has anyone else gotten a similar error? How can I fix this?

Restart your pc and try again.

presumably you have never seen this message before?

I have the same problem.

I can't use an apexdc++ 1.0.1 version and 1.1.0 version.

Only 0.4.0 version worked fine. But I can't use this version now!!

With a new version I receive the following message - 'Unable to open TCP/TLS port. File transfers will not work correctly until you change settings or turn off any application that might be using the TCP/TLS port'.

And Search not wirking...

Restart PC... The issue exists...

My configuration:

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

D-Link DWL-G730AP

I have not such issue with Windows XP Pro, 1.0.1 version worked fine.

But I can't use XP now and I can't use apexdc++ any versions now...

Please, help me.

Thanks!

P.S. I just checking now: StrongDC 2.13 the same issue; DC++ 0.706 working!

i also have this problem, even with previous releases. i have manually forwarded ports. this issue is only with apex afaik. (i'm running xp sp2)

No matter what I do I can not reproduce this, at present I am on vista though so haven't had chance to try XP...

I think it is user error.

Do me a favour guys, download Hijack This and post your log so I can take a look.

first report comes from vista

my report comes from xp

i have no problem with core - strongdc++ as well with my client - rsx++ - do you think it's a user error? ....

I do yes, because I find that problems would be widespread if it wasn't.

However, why not post a HJT log? That way we can at least try to help.

first report comes from vista

my report comes from xp

i have no problem with core - strongdc++ as well with my client - rsx++ - do you think it's a user error? ....

well it might also be default configuration error, or depend on some other app/hardware/driver... the issue is that while I probably update apex most often (and hardly ever make clean install since I am lazy) I would know if there is an obvious issue of this kind compared to previous versions (at least as far as upgrades go)

atm rsx++ is in deadlock state and it's going to be for 30 min. - 1200 filelists in queue, but tomorrow i can even show you a snapshot with a configuration. i use one settings for all dc clients.

bind addr. 192.168.2.101

ip: pub ip updated on startup (can say it's static because it havne't changed for almost 6 months)

tcp: 2555

udp: 2555

tls: 2554

opened ports for dc 2550-2555

strongdc++ works fine

rsx++ works fine

dc++ works fine

apexdc++ fails

i dont even have installed hjt so no there is no log atm, but no need for it, my os is running for 3y w/o format, no viruses etc.

Crise - doesn't that error show up when ports are overlapping with some other application? Like, say, you have IIS or Apache and you make the mistake of setting ApexDC++ to go on port 80...

Crise - doesn't that error show up when ports are overlapping with some other application? Like, say, you have IIS or Apache and you make the mistake of setting ApexDC++ to go on port 80...

Yes...

had the precise issue even if i manually tried to forward the ports. the fix was so simple even if i'm totally newbie with vista, i configured the built-in firewall not to block inbound connection on domain profile, and now my apex gizmo is back in the ethernet ;)

had the precise issue even if i manually tried to forward the ports. the fix was so simple even if i'm totally newbie with vista, i configured the built-in firewall not to block inbound connection on domain profile, and now my apex gizmo is back in the ethernet :)

I turned off built-in firewall and turned off Avast too. And I did it earlier too..

But I still have TCP/TLS issue.

I sent my HJT log to Satan, but I don't receive any comments too...

Please, help me.

Sorry guys, I missed to PM, i'm in work at mo but I'll have a look this evening when I get home and reply if I can help.

Sorry guys, I missed to PM, i'm in work at mo but I'll have a look this evening when I get home and reply if I can help.

Thank you very much!

HJT shows nothing abnormal. Try leaving the firewall off, also turning off avast and also disabling UAC. Then check if it works.

If it does, re-enable each thing one at a time until the behavior starts again and then you will know which thing caused this problem.

HJT shows nothing abnormal. Try leaving the firewall off, also turning off avast and also disabling UAC. Then check if it works.

If it does, re-enable each thing one at a time until the behavior starts again and then you will know which thing caused this problem.

I found the problem.

I turned off firewall, turned off avast and disabled UAC. Restart... The issue exists.

I uninstalled avast. The issue disappeared!

I turned on firewall, enabled UAC. Apex working fine.

Avast and ApexDC and Vista can't work together. Is it my computer issue or global issue? I don't know...

Satan, thank you for your support!

Does you avast have a built in firewall?

If so, it may cause such probs.

Does you avast have a built in firewall?

If so, it may cause such probs.

Yes, avast have a built in firewall.

I installed Comodo firewall now, the issue appear. I will try to do some Comodo tuning...

Yeh, it's a firewall problem.

I just use my router's firewall, much simpler. Software firewall's are just a nuisance imo.

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I use AVG Free 8.5 and I'm having the same issue. I've tried turning it off and changing ports but nothing fixes this.

Need help.

Never mind just realised my local ipv4 address had changed and DC++ didn't update it.