romulus

wtf ?

13 posts in this topic

i got a message saying my version was a sec=urity risk to me and everyone on dc++ and it wanted me to download a new version when i clicked close or ok the client would dissappear but would still be running in task manager but there was no interface. i did manage to upgrade to 1.1.0 by another way the offer would not let me upgrade at all and my share was gone now everything is back to default as if it was totally new install. Does anyone know what the hell is goin on here ?? the only time i ever saw anything like this was with that zion blue 2.07 nightmare.

Hi,

Yes, they change to software, somebody by files - XML in portfolio Settings at facility by each update. It is had for you to save the following files of file Settings at facility - / HashIndex.xml, HashData.dat, files.xml.bz2 and Emptyfiles.xml.bz2 /. You would not have fixes then With You Share.

You are for the time Zion++ Blue 2.07 good client. When I understood on ApexDC++, numerous of my notions were changed for DC++. I rejoice that you choose namely ApexDC++ - kind choice! :)

Wait, my share will be invalid on this.....no it isn't!!

However the OP has lost his file by the looks of things so he will be required to re-setup the client :) Sorry mate.

i got a message saying my version was a sec=urity risk to me and everyone on dc++ and it wanted me to download a new version when i clicked close or ok the client would dissappear but would still be running in task manager but there was no interface. i did manage to upgrade to 1.1.0 by another way the offer would not let me upgrade at all and my share was gone now everything is back to default as if it was totally new install. Does anyone know what the hell is goin on here ?? the only time i ever saw anything like this was with that zion blue 2.07 nightmare.

Did you run the setup file to upgrade successfully?

yea its fine now im using 1.1.0 i just had to recheck my share boxes and it was almost automatic i didnt have to rehash. i was usin zion blue 2.07 could that have cause this ?? honestly i still dont understand what happened im just assuming its not a virus nod32 came up with nothing. Now i have another problem and ive had this same problem with alot of clients. When i open my download queue the client freezes ?? and permanently freezes (not responding) i have to close it and restart the client this happens with any new client (airdc, zion blue & green, xiondc, strongdc, ect, ect,) The only one ive found that doesnt do this is peerweb. Now that i think of it it occurs to me that any client with the sse thing (all the new ones) what is that anyway ??

It's the new DCPlusPlus.xml file that has been generated caused the problem. I'm glad your sorted.

im using an older version now and dont want to update if it is the new dcplusplus.xml then what part of that .xml is it and can i just edit it out ??

i got a message saying my version was a sec=urity risk to me and everyone on dc++

I got the same message, but at the moment have decided not to upgrade ie I have decided to stop using Apex. ie I'm fed up not being able to decide for myself whether or not, I can use a particular version.

What kind of security risk is it supposed to be.

M

geez can all the idiots stop using DC so the normal ppl can just be left alone if your ass is too dumb to read a changelog follow the advice: the just dont, please and stop !

while i kind of agree on the wanting to use what version I want, the reason for the devs to take this kind of measure to enforce people to upgrade is because it is you own computer that is at risk.

what do you guys say about the possibility for a hacker to download any file they choose from your computer? - would a fix to that be enough to make you upgrade?

(not saying that something like that existed in apex of course :P ) But there were enough security issues that IMHO warranted this behaviour.

geez can all the idiots stop using DC so the normal ppl can just be left alone if your ass is too dumb to read a changelog follow the advice: the just dont, please and stop !

and that folks is Toast when he's being polite :P

Thanks for the tip, Toast.

I do confess, that my arse can't read. I generally use my eyes.

Well now that i've read the changelog, I can see the reason for the forced upgrade.

Still, now that those security issues have been resolved, there shouldn't be any need for another one, should there ?

M

Well now that i've read the changelog, I can see the reason for the forced upgrade.

Still, now that those security issues have been resolved, there shouldn't be any need for another one, should there ?

M

1.1.0 will be usable even after we release new version yes, same will be the case for further versions to come... forced upgrades only apply to beta versions (ie. if you choose to use betas, we ensure that you'll always use the latest beta) and versions with security issues or exploits.