Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 1.1.0

49 posts in this topic

in 1.1 they smaller and unattractive :(

Screenshots, so that I can compare as mine are just fine...

old:

EvaOfOoVdT.png

new:

2qTKrSU7DH.png

And arrows on statusbar in upload/download speed....

I like Apex for good looking, but this "improvements" (deleting icons, which have very small size) make it worse :(

and i don't get it, why is it so important to keep the exe small ?

why not just not include the file inside of the exe, only in files, and if the files don't exist, revert to no-icons mode :(

The short pause when chatting and in the program I experienced in earlier builds that went away with later builds is back. I didn't have this pause when using the Alpha.

With modern hardware even Mbytes of .exe size is not important...

old:

new:

This one is hopefully sorted in trunk now, can't say for sure though... as I run vista and for me 1.1 ones looked just perfect.

Is your emopacks folder still there?

Have you installed Apex to a different folder this time round?

Same folder as before, and the emopacks are still there. The bmp files are clickable and viewable with Irfan View and Photoshop so I dont think they are corrupt.

I sure hope this version is better than 1.0.1, which quite frankly was a disaster and hardly could be considered stable. I and many other users had to downgrade to 0.40 due to a bug in the port forwarding. Being unable to run 0.40 tonight with the warning about the exploit was a big concern due to the problems with 1.0.1. Hopefully the problem is fixed in 1.1.0 otherwise I will have to jumpt ship to another DC client. The exploit was not a concern for me as my client was connecting to a network that did not route onto the general Internet.

I don't like this version :( Where is Media Toolbar? It was so comfortable with it...Also where is Autoscroll chat fnd auto ban? so незачёт

:)

Media Toolbar

imo useless, you have a ... player to control a player...

Autoscroll chat

now it depends on scroll position.

The Icons are just as nice now as always.

The media player was a useless feature anyway, i'm glad it's gone.

The short of it is - you cant pls everyone with a new release.

...but unfortunately you can pls no one. :huh:

Stupid commend zlo, i'm well pleased with apex, as are many people, so stop talking **** and grow up.

No, I won't tell you to * :huh:

Improved: Further improvements to the plugin system

What specifically has been changed in the plugin system?

Improved: Further improvements to the plugin system

What specifically has been changed in the plugin system?

look at the code, I was too lazy to explain changes to this feature in depth, as those who use it (ie. those who the changes affect to) will have to have knowledge of programming anyways, and the changes that do matter to them the most are the ones in PluginStructure.h...

As for the changes you can't see by looking at the .h file, they are just different ways of doing some things, that I believe are better than the previous way (or simply a matter of personal preference).

ps: and since no one seems to bother with plugins does it really matter...

no one seems to bother with plugins

probably one of the reason of it might be complicated create process (and additionally depending on stlport - exact svn revision used to build apex released exe)

probably one of the reason of it might be complicated create process...

Well interfaces are a common way of doing app<->dll communication, when the link between dll and exe has to be available at random moment... if you don't count that winshit COM thingy. Yes, I am aware that there are ways superior to interfaces, just look at adch++ f.ex. but they are not something that can be easily added to an app that builds on top of another (or in this case a few).

What I mean to say is that to a programmer the process of creating such dll is not as complex as you might make it sound, considering that sample is provided.

(and additionally depending on stlport - exact svn revision used to build apex released exe)

Easy solution, since each plugin has to be GPL'ed (as they have to use GPL code to function) if someone wants to release a wide spread plugin (eg. "official" plugin) Someone who knows the revision used can easily compile them for distribution. Yeah this is no good solution but will have to cut it, until I find my way around the issue, and based on my tests that will not be just using pod's (plain old data types) instead of strings.

no, interfaces are good and clear imo. mainly i was talking about stlport because it's the biggest problem.

and i've made a nice and clean solution for it a long time ago. since we can't use clear data types, like char, we need a 'stringholder' so we're creating a wrapper around it, to make char 'scoped' (like scoped_ptr for ex.).

as you know, my api use lib with exported functions, i've exported whole class to it. now it takes around 9kB... comparing to heavy stlport it's way better solution.

you might say that no. of allocations will increase, but bear in mind that string send to plugins sometimes are reallocated... also string class is muuuch more bigger class than my (rString).

+ one thing - we can use release plugin in debug core and debug plugin in release core versions.

overall, in this solution we're only using 2 operators and 2 functions

new, delete

strlen, strcpy

worked fine so far :huh:

no, interfaces are good and clear imo. mainly i was talking about stlport because it's the biggest problem.

and i've made a nice and clean solution for it a long time ago. since we can't use clear data types, like char, we need a 'stringholder' so we're creating a wrapper around it, to make char 'scoped' (like scoped_ptr for ex.).

as you know, my api use lib with exported functions, i've exported whole class to it. now it takes around 9kB... comparing to heavy stlport it's way better solution.

you might say that no. of allocations will increase, but bear in mind that string send to plugins sometimes are reallocated... also string class is muuuch more bigger class than my (rString).

+ one thing - we can use release plugin in debug core and debug plugin in release core versions.

overall, in this solution we're only using 2 operators and 2 functions

new, delete

strlen, strcpy

worked fine so far :huh:

hmm... I too tried with few solutions similar to that one, but for some reason I can no longer remember it did not work out as I had planned...

Our subscribers and beta testers have been privately using beta versions of 1.1 for the past few months

Surely you meant to say "weeks".

Why startup option is removed? That was one of the greatest improvements lately. We had no problems with it, functional and realy useful.

I couldn't agree more. Alongside with Startup option, you threw out some more cool stuff - Media bar, Text formatting. Now, I might not be aware of reasons for all this, but I sure hope to see these features back as soon as possible... :(

Damn! It's strange but in 1.1.0 the QuickSearch panel cannot dock and move!!! ... It's a bug? ;)

dmvn right click on any toolbar -> uncheck "Lock Toolbars" -> customize position :)

I have another question. It appears that Serbian flag for User countries isn't integrated. My country (Serbia) recently changed its web domain from .yu to .rs so I guess that is what made this problem. Also, for .yu domain there was Yugoslav flag, not Serbian. So could you link Serbian flag icon to .rs domain users, please?