Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ataraxia

Can't see some bots in a hub

18 posts in this topic

Hello, this is an odd one...

One of the hubs I am in has some very helpful bots, but I cannot see them in the list. Also, when they do a message in the channel, I cannot get right-click options on them like I can from some of the bots I CAN see, and usernames and all that...

If I login to this hub using an old DC++ client, I can see and interact with these bots that are "invisible" to me in ApexDC.

Also, this is happening the same way to many people who are using clients that are not straight-up DC++ itself.

I'm pretty sure this is not an Apex issue, but something with the way the bots are done, based on what I have just spelled out above. I have found no setting in Apex that will allow me to see and interact with these invisible bots. I can't even pm them with commands from the command line. It's like they really are not there, yet I can see their messages. Quite odd.

Anyway, the person in charge of the bots is a friend and he has no idea why they are not visible to some other clients. I post this in the hopes that someone understands why this is happening and can tell me how to fix it, because many of you are smart about a lot more than just ApexDC :P The hub is running 1.0.25 of the NeoModus Direct Connect Hub Software, if that helps!

Many thanks in advance! :)

-ata

PS: Admins feel free to move this if it's too far off topic.

maybe you should name the bot software too, for the coders can have a look at it ...

regards

You should consider updating your hubsoftware is kinda ancient

Well, still no info on what scripts they are using, but one of the ops is working on this issue. He installed ApexDC and CAN see the bots no problem. What setting could I possibly have changed so that I can not? I really haven't changed a lot of settings...

Well, I can't seem to get anyone to give me a screenshot so a comparison can be done, so I don't suppose it's going to garner me any help here *sigh*

Ok, here are 2 screenshots of what I see when I am in the hub, and what my friend sees when he is in the hub. I can't see the code depository and project management bots or the Infobot, which can be queried by all users (local and offshore coders) for different informational messages and stats.

I went through EVERY setting in ApexDC with my friend last night, and everything is identical, right down to the versions we were using, both downloaded from the same place. Took a while, but didn't change anything :) Maybe these screenshots will help. I don't know :( I really like the ApexDC client and don't want to switch to what most of our employees use, but I may have to if I can't get this worked out. It's driving me nuts, because I think it may just be something really simple I'm overlooking.

At any rate... Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. Feel free to reply here or via PM. Thanks!

post-6820-1214775634_thumbjpg

post-6820-1214777240_thumbjpg

Tried ensuring, ignore bot's is not checked?

Ok, where exactly is this setting?

When we were going down the other night making sure all settings were changed, I don't recall seeing this one...

MANY THANKS!

It's under settings>Advanced.

Here is where I am looking. I looked at them all and scrolled down to the bottom. All I see about bots is the "don't send away message"

post-6820-1215301515_thumb.jpg

Try the windows settings. Don't ignore bot's should be in there.

All I have in there for bots is "Ignore private messages from bots" and that is UNCHECKED.

Well, I figured one thing out...

When using ApexDC, only OPs can see the bots. Non op accounts using Apex can't see them.

Not sure if that helps at all...

I really don't want to have to change clients, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know :)

Thanks in advance!

It's probably a hubsoft problem. Rather than Apex.

Have you tried another client, can you see the bot's in them?

It's probably a hubsoft problem. Rather than Apex.

Have you tried another client, can you see the bot's in them?

As I said in my original post, yes I can. That's pretty much the whole problem :w00t:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0