Iranmaster

How to ignore user.(Downloads from me).

50 posts in this topic

And that is why I ban these kind of leechers in my hub who have a hub ratio of 20 hubs and 1 open slot (that is all in all, not 1 per hub...).

Yes! It's the hub's responsibility, the user should not take law onto him/herself.

Yeah but I need to make the plugin first :huh:

Thanks mate. I await in anticipation :)

Why you guys add this parts to apexdc if you don't want users to block others.

What is your goal from adding ip guard to client?

has it any other usage?

Why you guys add this parts to apexdc if you don't want users to block others.

What is your goal from adding ip guard to client?

has it any other usage?

To stop unwanted organisations looking at the files you share I guess. Apparently some people use the DC network to share material that is under copyright.

it was intended for stopping antip2p companies it was a replacement for peerguardian plugin that had to many memleaks not to block slow users by ignorant users...

stop this. iranmaster is noob. p2p is for sharing. he's not sharing. 1 slot isn't sharing. he thinks that p2p is only for him to download and to play god with who gonna dl from him.

the Q that I ask is WHY THE HELL IGNORING USERS STILL DOESN'T WORK.

in diablo hub there is one user that pops up with some stupid spam and is in ignore list but still pops up

why is this. how much time is needed for this function to work

I posted report for this like 2 months before and still no answer

old versions has it working

You ignore a user, messages are ignored if and only if that user is not an op ie. does not have a key in that hub...

Some people and there logics are not cut out for P2P. :)

You ignore a user, messages are ignored if and only if that user is not an op ie. does not have a key in that hub...

Can ignoring OP's be over-ridden?

It's the OP bot's that annoy me with all the adverts.

Obviously PM me an answer if so, I can understand you wouldn't want all user's to be able to use this.

Can ignoring OP's be over-ridden?

It's the OP bot's that annoy me with all the adverts.

Sort of, there are two on/off options for bot messages (doesn't work for every bot but it is rather effective still). Check settings > appearance > windows

:)

Look guys the problem is that i can't give others more than one slot.

because i'm using a 256k adsl connection and when some user downloads from me

my speed becomes near zero and others can't download. w32.gif

Limit your upload then to about 16kb/s :)

Limit your upload then to about 16kb/s :)

By doing this i can add one more slot and this solves nothing.

By doing this i can add one more slot and this solves nothing.

Iranmaster, even with a 16 kb/s upstream connection 2 slots are ok with each 8 kb/s, this is enough for good downloading and remember, if someones loading an 800 MB movie from you, you can always give an extra slot to someone who wants to download one single MP3 so stop complaining. And one more point, if you feel like using the IP feature to block single users, then do it and stop spamming the forum!! :)

I don't even get your problem. You have an option there too, named: 'Open new slot if speed is below ...'

This is how DC++ works ...

well let's get to the topic. why ignore user still don't work

i placed a nick in the list and he still pops up with a spam

You use /ignore nick then you shouldn't get anymore PM's from this user.

it was intended for stopping antip2p companies it was a replacement for peerguardian plugin that had to many memleaks not to block slow users by ignorant users...

but I must say too, the peerguardian plugin with a predefined list of blocked IP ranges was a better solution for this imho.

well im starting to think that the feature should be removed at all since the purpose is lost

Also i block slow users because i think a fast connection is not so expensive in any country.

I cant see some one is downloading a 800MB movie from me with a 56k dialup connection

and another user is waiting for a simple mp3 download.

i block slow users and i think i'm right.

No, the truth is you are very wrong. Learn to traffic shape to save bandwidth.

Interesting you have what is considered a "slow" connection yet you state that it is inexpensive in any country for a fast connection. AGAIN you are wrong in any country it can cost a great deal for what is considered "fast".

So with that being said, Im with toast and BM on this one. Leave dc and never come back.

So with that being said, Im with toast and BM on this one. Leave dc and never come back.

You can't urge him to leave DC++, but he has to obey basic rules, preventing users from downloading is simply not the purpose of DC++

If you (Iranmaster) feel like your internet connection is too slow for uploading you should consider reducing your sharesize or getting a faster internet connection

That's my personal opinion about it

It's not a problem of ApexDC++

:)

P.S.: and take that right big toe out of my nose @Iranmaster :thumbsup:

Interesting you have what is considered a "slow" connection yet you state that it is inexpensive in any country for a fast connection. AGAIN you are wrong in any country it can cost a great deal for what is considered "fast".

i said it not expensive and i say again.

i don't need a very high speed internet access. that's why i dont get it.

but a user that wanna download a huge file from anothers must have a good connection.

If you (Iranmaster) feel like your internet connection is too slow for uploading you should consider reducing your sharesize or getting a faster internet connection

That's my personal opinion about it

It's not a problem of ApexDC++

yeah that's a good idea i will reduce my shared content.

did i say that's the apex's problem? i don't remember! w02.gif

yeah that's a good idea i will reduce my shared content.

did i say that's the apex's problem? i don't remember! w02.gif

no it just seemed like, what you are doing with that feature is your personal thing ...

Iranmaster - you know what the horrible flaw in your logic is?

True, a high-speed Internet connection is indeed affordable... however is it available? In my case, it isn't. I only have the option of my current ISP, and they (the people there) refuse to install me a faster line because of "their policy" (which kind of means that as long as you don't live in a block of flats, you're not going to have a T1/fiber from them). I could, of course, have a connection half the speed of a T1 brought in for 200$ per month, but, at that cost, I'd rather pay for a dedicated server somewhere and host my own online TV show. I'd be much better off.

If you are worried that slow users download from you and there's no more room for fater users, there's a very simple sollution: more upload slots!

If you are worried that slow users download from you and there's no more room for fater users, there's a very simple sollution: more upload slots!

More upload slots!!

Please read what i said in previous posts,

I said my connection is slow and so if i increase slots my speed becomes zero kbps for users.

with one slot a user can download from me at 40 KB/s but more slots = more downloaders = less speed for them.

well guys let's end this discussion, i decreased my share size and it solved my problem.:)

wdc likes this

Ehm....not really, if you have 2 slots open and 1 user is downloading then the other user can use the rest of the bandwidth or vice versa....if you dont want them using all your KB, use the in-built limiter.

there is an option to open more slots if speed is below a threshold on the sharing tab in settings. I have never tried it myself but I assume it works as I have never heard anyone say it doesnt