japistuni

how to get unbanned

17 posts in this topic

hey. i have been getting a message which says

<Hub-Security> Your Hostname or IP is banned.

how can i get unbanned.

this stuff is really depressing. :(

Ehm...don't get banned in the first place?

You need to contact someone else in the hub or the hubowner to get unbanned.

Hello,

Please let us know the hub address and your EXACT nick there, if not private. I guess Lee can provide the IP from the forum, if static.

@Staff: Please move to Support.

Moved to Support. There's nothing we can really do though. You need to find some way of contacting a keyholder on the hub, or even the hub owner, to find out why you got banned and if you can be unbanned.

Thanks.

@Greg - Yes, but as quality service it is nothing for us to contact hub staff, using our IPs. :(

I. e. IP 146.231.128.133 . Hub is offline while I am typing these rows, but altho there is not a reliable whois, hub is probably near to you. ;)

i managed to communicate with two of the hub runners. they said i was banned because my client was broken and is breaking things. i really do not know wat that means. he said that they were not sure that was happening and that there wasnt much they knew to do about in. they said i had to try fix my client. how do i do that? :P

i managed to communicate with two of the hub runners. they said i was banned because my client was broken and is breaking things. i really do not know wat that means. he said that they were not sure that was happening and that there wasnt much they knew to do about in. they said i had to try fix my client. how do i do that? :P

and sorry i gave you the wrong IP number. its 146.231.138.91...

Well, probably you are using a client w/o TTH support. Still, if there people ARE NOT SURE, they should not ban users just like this. You can try a newer client, our Apex DC++ 1.0.1 for example. :P And sorry I didn't asked about your client first.

P. S. Seems hub is on dynamic IP. Any DNS address?

Well, probably you are using a client w/o TTH support. Still, if there people ARE NOT SURE, they should not ban users just like this. You can try a newer client, our Apex DC++ 1.0.1 for example. :P And sorry I didn't asked about your client first.

P. S. Seems hub is on dynamic IP. Any DNS address?

i am using apex DC++ 1.0.1 at the present time... my DNS address is ru.ac.za. how can i get TTH support by the way?

TTH support is in ApexDC++ 1.0.1.

They don't seem to say what is wrong with the client, just to fix it. Not really sure what to make of that, it doesn't seem broken to me.

if my client is not broken then what can it be? would reinstalling windows help? tried reinstalling DC but that didnt work.

Maybe they simply hate Apex, as some of us do not like the SMT's speed mod. :P Any alternative communication? E-mail, messengers? Just state your problem, if they do not care, there are better hubs (f. ex. see my signature :) ).

i have tried logging on to other hubs and i keep getting my connection refused by the active target. should i just lose all hope in DC?

really do not know what to do...