AleX

System Requirements

15 posts in this topic

What Minimun and Recommended System Requirements will ApeXDC++ have? Especially CPU and RAM Memory ...

What Minimun and Recommended System Requirements will ApeXDC++ have? Especially CPU and RAM Memory ...

there really isn't any, if your comp works well with StrongDC++/PeerWeb DC++ then ApexDC++ works fine on your machine too

It's vague, since you can limit the number of features, hashing, download/upload slots, etc. Maybe upon release there will be a minimum requirement list, but it's doubtful.

Yeah, I thought it might have something to do with your name :) I wouldn't have brought it up if I wasn't sick of seeing 'Peerweb' written everywhere instead of 'PeerWeb'.

Most likely will run on any Pentium 200 Mhz or higher (or equivalent) with 64 MB of RAM and Windows 98 or higher. I think that's a pretty good estimate. Mind you, it may be really slow with those specs, but I've done it.

Edited by almiteycow

That much CPU maybe... but it can take quite a bit of RAM. Of course it depends on how many hubs you have open etc.

More like Windows 200 or higher. Since it will crash on Windows 98.

I have had no luck running PWDC on 98 first edition, not much more luck with 98se, So My guess it would be safe to say its miniumum is:

Pentium 200

64 meg ram (since Windows 2000 dont run lower safely)

10 meg of Drive space (plus space for any downloads)

56 k modem (will work on 33.6 but will most likey time out on most logins to hubs)

VGA w/ 1 meg of ram

Windows 2000 or higher (any MS OS with the NT kernel not the DOS kernel)

Hope this info helps to create a standard.

I would argue that you need more RAM (DC++ may be able to work on this? But I think that most of its mods would require a bit more.) I would also argue that although you can use it with a 56k modem that's more of a DC++ requirement. With multisourcing clients a fast connection is kind of required/better. I guess that these requests (the later one at least) would only be recommended requirements and not the minimum ones.

(any MS OS with the NT kernel not the DOS kernel)

it'd probably be more correct this way:

(any MS OS with unicode support, that is if you want it to be usable)

as it can run on 89se with all updates and bit of luck but it won't run well ;)

haven't actually tried it on non dos kernel myself, though... (don't have access to those oses anymore)