Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rigor O'Mortis

Segment size reporting bug

11 posts in this topic

Image describes the bug:

apex_bug_download_segment.gif

ApexDC 1.0.1 running on Vista SP1 64-bit, AMD Phenom quad-core CPU on AMD790X chipset.

post-4-1210160379_thumb.png

Segment size shown in column: 501.39 KB

Already downloaded shown in progress bar: 1.37 MB

Real segment size: ~2MB

It's reporting 500KB on a 2MB segment. The progress bar was full when download reached 500KB, but the percentage shown on it was only 25%.

Not a bug, it's meant to do this. It overlaps on segments when a user is faster. Or, in the scenario where you have no other users to dl from.

It seemed to me that Apex knew from the beginning that it will overlap. It would be nice to change and actually show the real size that it is downloading, even if it is overlapping.

It seemed to me that Apex knew from the beginning that it will overlap. It would be nice to change and actually show the real size that it is downloading, even if it is overlapping.

How could Apex know it, esp. when faster user can appear at any time?

I don't know but have never seen it in StrongDC++.

I don't know for sure either, but not long ago I checked the transferview and queue & downloadmanager code of apex against SDC and at least I can't see any changes from apex that would affect segment size reporting in any way.

I think I know where the bug is... the "bad" size comes from TTH tree which was downloaded just before this segment. The size won't be updated then in some cases (especially when there's very little sources at the beginning)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0