Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ataraxia

Only share certain folders with certain hubs

7 posts in this topic

I have done some searching but could not find this anywhere, so am making this (probably stupid) hypothetical post....

I have a folder named GRUE.

I am on 2 hubs; FOO and BUF.

GRUE contains files I ONLY want people from FOO to be able to see in my file list/searches and download. I do not want the people on BUF to be able to see, search or download GRUE at all.

Is this possible with ApexDC?

I have been using DC for years; utilizing many different clients and servers, and I have never run across a way to do this in any settings. In fact, based on what I know about DC in general, it seems that this cannot be done "by design," as it were. However, I could be wrong, so that is why I am making this post. I am sure there is some brilliant person out there who can answer my question, and perhaps also provide the "why."

Many thanks in advance for the help! :thumbsup:

-Jason

No it's not currently possible with ApexDC.

The reason this cannot be done isn't really "by design" more of "design flaw" in the NMDC protocol. The whole "guess-a-user" situation. Can be made to work perfectly in ADC hubs.

.Nothing. by Carraya (still in alpha / beta) has made the best attempt at working around the NMDC issues that i've seen.

Oh and that only works if the user connects through the right hub. Don't expect this of DC++ or mods of it based on a version less than 0.68

heh, if you want more detail than "guess-a-user" being the problem . . . *sigh* wish DC++'s old forums still worked, then i could point you at numerous topics there.

That's cool man... I was relatively sure that the answer was no after hashing it around with some buddies who use different DC clients also seeming to lack this option, but I figure it couldn't hurt to post it on the official forums, as it were.

Yeah, the lack of things DC++ was what drove me to ApexDC anyway, and I've been happy :)

yeah, there's plenty of topics about it here too. It's a feature plenty of people want, but one that won't come anytime soon unfortunately.

I don't know about this feature, I just feel some nubs would abuse it and spoil it for all :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0