kamper

crashin ( exiting) when downloading file list from user

10 posts in this topic

WindowsXP Prof SP3(v. 3282) ENG version

512 DDRAM

P4 1,8 Ghz

i just open ApexDC++ -> ctrl+s -> i typed search word -> then i sow a search results -> right clink on any search result "get file list" -> connecting -> crash ( program self exit )

how to get that crash log ? ApexDC++\Settings\exceptioninfo.txt file is empty with file is crash log if any is , what what i must do to log in to file ?

It should log it automatically. hmm.....it would seem like a windows problem. Apex saves an exceptionreport when it crashs itself, but if windows is shutting it down this wouldn't happen.

Tried some general diagnostics on your pc? Defrag, malware check, chkdsk etc?

the same thing is happening to me

checked for viruses, def. hdd...

WinXPPro SP2

1GB ddr

pentium 2,4ghz

heeelp

:blushing:

the same thing is happening to me

checked for viruses, def. hdd...

WinXPPro SP2

1GB ddr

pentium 2,4ghz

heeelp

:blushing:

With new 1.2.0 Beta?

kamper

Are you using some firewall / antivirus / antimalware or something software?

I saw the almost the same behavior at one system with Outpost Firewall. Apex selfclosed without any chash message (and exceptioninfo log) if in one of the Apex tabs (search, up/down history logs) appears large list (more than 100 lines).

That problem was solved by switch off "Anti-Leak Control" for apex process in Outpost.

May be you have similar problem?

I've the same problem. Sometimes, when i get a file list, ApexDC just closes... exceptioninfo.txt is a blank file. Bug happens in ApexDC 1.10, 1.20B as well as StrongDC 2.21, possibly in older clients as well..

I originally thought this was caused by NOD32? Someone on the forum was having trouble with that? So i uninstalled it and put norton on instead, but the problem's still there. I'm using the default windows xp firewall with exceptions for ApexDC.

This wasn't always happening, but i can't pinpoint when it started. But it's really making the entire concept of direct connect hubbing pretty much unusable :thumbsup:

out of frustration i reinstalled strongdc and turns out it has the same problem. only, this time i got an exceptioninfo.txt out of it;

Code: c0000090

Version: 2.22

a quick google links me to here and here - both forum posts from mid/late 2007. The first link finishes with the following unfortunate lines;

Similar problem and at me! I already for a long time about it spoke here, but BigMuscle cannot correct it...

If I delete files HashIndex.xml and HashData.dat - share = 0 that crash StrongDC does not occur! The problem in share means! I tried to index anew the files, but result crash StrongDC repeats.

So yeah, don't know what to do. I'm going to write my own DC client from scratch now, since i can't for the life of me get Apex to compile in MSVC. : (

just wanted to note that this crash is still present in 1.2 stable and a blank exceptioninfo.txt is generated.

you can however still get file lists if you hide the transfer pane.