nuttso

TTH

13 posts in this topic

Sup apex,

first of all i like this alternate of dc++ alot.

There is a question i have about TTH. I'm regged on two hubs. In the first hub i don't have any problems with searching or downloading. In the sencond hub i got this message here when i try to get a file list:

Remote Client does not fully support TTH - cannot download

here is a screenshot:

apex.jpg

When i try to search in this hub nothing happens.

So i downloaded dc++ 0.674 and it works, on the same ports, hub and with the same username. Any Ideas?

Everything is ok with my connection. Both ports are open.

thx people

"Remote client does not support TTH" - these are usually old, and always unstable clients. They do not hash, so it is possible to spread "broken" files on DC. For this reason TTH-supporting clients are not downloading from non-TTH supportin ones, for safety reasons. While non-TTH supporting clients and as it seems the original DC++ are able to download from all. But I am kicking for no TTH support in all hubs where I can. :thumbsup:

"Remote client does not support TTH" - these are usually old, and always unstable clients. They do not hash, so it is possible to spread "broken" files on DC. For this reason TTH-supporting clients are not downloading from non-TTH supportin ones, for safety reasons. While non-TTH supporting clients and as it seems the original DC++ are able to download from all. But I am kicking for no TTH support in all hubs where I can. :thumbsup:
It's actually "fully support TTH". So yes they do hash, they just don't support TTHL and TTHF. And no DC++ won't download from them either. That actually error message has been inherited from DC++ into Apex. :unsure:

So just block any client less based on DC++ less than 0,402 from getting in the hub. :blink:

OK, seems I made a slight mistake here, hehe. :thumbsup: Still, how he can "download normally with DC++ 0.674" and isn't the minimum allowed 0.401, not 0.402?

Still, how he can "download normally with DC++ 0.674" and isn't the minimum allowed 0.401, not 0.402?

he can download normally with 0.674 because that version will download of anyone. The check didn't come into about 0.694 (?).

While 0.401 supports TTH, it doesn't support TTHL and TTHF which were introduced in 0.402. :thumbsup:

he can download normally with 0.674 because that version will download of anyone. The check didn't come into about 0.694 (?).

While 0.401 supports TTH, it doesn't support TTHL and TTHF which were introduced in 0.402. :thumbsup:

I see, thanks for explaining.

i ve got another problem , using IDC++ 2.03 (dc++ 0.674 based) i can't download apex users filelist , and strongdc 2.xx filelist.

i ve got another problem , using IDC++ 2.03 (dc++ 0.674 based) i can't download apex users filelist , and strongdc 2.xx filelist.

Is the latest pure standard DC++ downloading from the latest Apex DC++ and SDC++? If so, as I believe, U should contact IDC++ support.

Sup apex,

first of all i like this alternate of dc++ alot.

There is a question i have about TTH. I'm regged on two hubs. In the first hub i don't have any problems with searching or downloading. In the sencond hub i got this message here when i try to get a file list:

Remote Client does not fully support TTH - cannot download

here is a screenshot:

When i try to search in this hub nothing happens.

So i downloaded dc++ 0.674 and it works, on the same ports, hub and with the same username. Any Ideas?

Everything is ok with my connection. Both ports are open.

thx people

PEERWEB IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD FROM THIS USER!!!! PEERWEB -Best of the best!!!

PEERWEB IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD FROM THIS USER!!!! PEERWEB -Best of the best!!!

PWDC++ is really quite an old client now. ApexDC++ has superseeded PWDC++. Downloading from users that don't support TTH is disabled for a reason and didn't just happen overnight. If you really want to do it though at least use an old version of ApexDC++ rather than PWDC++.

PWDC++ is really quite an old client now. ApexDC++ has superseeded PWDC++. Downloading from users that don't support TTH is disabled for a reason and didn't just happen overnight. If you really want to do it though at least use an old version of ApexDC++ rather than PWDC++.

Pssst... Leave him in the dark. :P