Pinchiukas

Connection problems

5 posts in this topic

If I make a search, I get no results (though one time I got one file while another person tried to search for the same thing and he got tens if not hundreds - same hubs). And I have very few uploads to compare to what I had earlier. My shared filelist hasn't changed. I'm behind a cisco router. I've forwarded a range of tcp and udp ports, some of which are in use by other programs and they work fine. Except ApexDC++. So I guess the problem isn't in port forwarding. I've checked that my IP is set correctly in the settings dialog, the ports ar ok. The connection test from the settings dialog ("Check connection") says my connection is fine. Any ideas where the fault may be?

If all that has been stated above has been done correctly. The fault can only lie with your ISP itself. Are you sure that have not started to block p2p?

If they did, they must have only blocked DC++, because ed2k and torrents work fine. I suppose I should plug the laptop directly to the ISP and see what happens. I probably should leave all the settings like they are now? BTW I've tried using the original DC++ client and it had the same problems. I also tried using other ports from the range. Anyway I hope I'll have time to post my results in the evening ;).

Well, try the laptop and see if you have the same results.

Also, they may be blocking p2p anyway, ed2k and torrent can be encrypted whereas DC++ is not.

Secondly, I would recommend checking your settings, main things to check are, the PC's Iinternal address (NOT the external address), the port's are forwarded to this address, also, reboot your router in case the rules have stopped working.

It is again fff (fault in fine firewall. I am 99% sure.