Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irish

peerweb dc++

28 posts in this topic

Hi

Forgive me if this is not correct place for this topic

I' have been using a good version of Strongdc, but decided I'd try out peerweb again

I have a router and have port forwarding done

if i go into settings

i tick firewall with manual port forwarding

i put 1610 in tcp box

and 1611 in udp box

there was a number/adress in the external wan ip box, but it wasn't the correct one

I copied the correct one from

http://www.mywanip.com/

i then clicked okay

if i open settings again, the new adress is still there

but if i close down and come back the old adress is there.

---------------------------------------

ok i've found out what causes the problem

autoupdate ipadress on startup

so I've gone back to strongdc

M

Hi

I' have been using a good version of Strongdc, but decided I'd try out peerweb again

if i go into settings

i put 1610 in tcp box

and 1611 in udp box

there was a number/adress in the external wan ip box, but it wasn't the correct one

i then clicked okay

M

So disable the "auto update IP on startup". :)

So disable the "auto update IP on startup". :)

but then i might as well stick to strong :)

M

but then i might as well stick to strong :)

M

Your choice, but PeerWeb DC++ has more features than StrongDC++. Anyway, in ApexDC++ we're hoping to allow it to get your external IP.

not wanting to get into a which client is better sdc or apex but if you want help configureing peerweb/apex pm me or more reliably pop in to the officale apex/peerweb support dc hub lots of peeps willing to help :)

techgeeks

edit: back on a browser with no spell check :)

Edited by Crise

not wanting to get into a which client is better sdc or apex but if you want help configureing peerweb/apex pm me or more reliably pop in to the officale apex/peerweb support dc hub lots of peeps willing to help :)

techgeeks

edit: back on a browser with no spell check :)

Hi Balder, sorry I didn't respond earlier.

Well as you probably know there is a new ver of strongdc out

So I'm trying that out

M

Hi Balder, sorry I didn't respond earlier.

Well as you probably know there is a new ver of strongdc out

So I'm trying that out

M

no problem, but remember to come back and give apexDC a go when it comes out

no problem, but remember to come back and give apexDC a go when it comes out

Well I tried out the new strongdc, but it kept crashing. Then i went back to olderr version, and that started crashing.

What was working for me in new version of Strongdc was "waiting users" which I guess is the same as upload que.

But anyway I'm back using Peerweb for the moment.

As for my external ip problem. Someone told me about no.ip.info, and that helped, well except for hubs where i get a invalid ip message.

just how question.

is there a place in settings where i can decrease the amount of time between searches.

If so, where?

Thank you.

M

settings -> expert only -> minimum search interval

so if i read one post right Apex will be able to follow you port forward if you have a router and get the real ip instead of 192.168.* like it gets in PWDC

so if i read one post right Apex will be able to follow you port forward if you have a router and get the real ip instead of 192.168.* like it gets in PWDC

We hope so.

Hi

if i go into settings

i put 1610 in tcp box

and 1611 in udp box

i then clicked okay

M

ok this will be good becasue my ip changing sometimes withou warning then i cant DL till i change it and that can be hard sometimes

There is a very simple fix for the program picking up your internal ip: Simpley check the box ' do not allow hub/UPnP to override.

I'm sorry you didn't see it w/ all the settings there are in this highly customizable program. But it is right there in connection settings.

Locoguru

i saw that and i have checked the box but i still cant stop my external ip from chanhging then have to update dc settings

a word about portforwarding: you actually only need to forward one port thru your router or firewall, personally I use port 11112 for both upd and tcp. I set this in connection setting for the program and I set it up in my router. Since I often host two hubs as well as op or admin in several others, I was surprised to find that this really was adequate for the program. But since I do all of this AND have been using this program successfully with those settings for several months, I am now quite confident in it. :D

as always,

[PWDC-Support] (in TGO hub) Locoguru

i saw that and i have checked the box but i still cant stop my external ip from chanhging then have to update dc settings

True, your external ip is up to your provider as to how often and when it changes. Mine won't usually change as long as I'm online, but if I do shut down, my first stop when I reboot is whatsmyip.org and I enter it manually in the program. There are some other solutions but I find that the most reliable.

personally I use port 11112 for both upd and tcp

This port is probably a little high. you should aim for a port between 1025-6000 ish. someone else (crise/sidey perhaps) will have to explain why :D

You could you a service like dyndns . i have a rubbish ISP to :D. i use the following script to update my dydns (a bit dirty but it works)

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

use LWP::Simple;

my $username = my $hostname = my $password = my $request = my $url = '';

$hostname = '#enter your host name#';

$username = '#enter your username#';

$password = '#enter your password#;

$request = get 'http://checkip.chi.dyndns.com/';

$request =~ /\b(([0-2]?\d{1,2}\.){3}[0-2]?\d{1,2})\b/;

$request = get 'http://'.$username.':'.$password.'@members.dyndns.org/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname='.$hostname.'&myip='.$1.'&wildcard=NOCHG&mx=mNOCHG&backmx=NOCHG&offline=NO';

print $request;

darn! now I'm torn between my usual method of 'if it works, don't mess with it' and your suggestion that 11112 may not be a good idea for some reason. Guess I'll check into it further! lol

IMHO port number don't have any meaning, as long as it differs from standard services and protocols. Although I just noticed that Gmail does not use port 25 for SMTP, but 465. If smo can post some arguments about "too high" or "too low", I'm ready to check. And I agree that one port number for TCP and UDP is OK. ;)

~Don't struggle with an ext ip changing.... get a DynDNS or no-ip account they are free

put that in instead and run the updater.... changing ip blues go away - except as previously stated the odd "you have supplied an invalid ip message" just after your ext ip has changed and before the updater has caught the new ip

~Don't struggle with an ext ip changing.... get a DynDNS or no-ip account they are free

put that in instead and run the updater.... changing ip blues go away - except as previously stated the odd "you have supplied an invalid ip message" just after your ext ip has changed and before the updater has caught the new ip

Sometimes a short conversation with the ISP is enough, even if he asks for some small extra fee. The only thing he has to do is to set the lease time on the router to "Forever". Shouldn't be a problem, if he is not playing tricks like ""80 IPs for 100 users", relying on that 20% or more will be always online. In my case i got automatically a free permanent static IP during the network upgrade.

Zebedee @ Aug 2 2006, 10:29 PM

if what you posted made sense we would care but no-ip wont help keep you dc DLing when ip changes i have no-ip

if what you posted made sense we would care but no-ip wont help keep you dc DLing when ip changes i have no-ip

What about a personal router with Dyn DNS?

Now now GS no need to get stressy

I have been using no-ip in my client for as long as I can remember and have never had dl stop cos ip changed in the middle of the night or if it has I have not noticed cos it picks it up again when ip refreshes

I have shown this method to many friends who have dynamic ip and they all pleased with the results

ok i didnt understand the post you made i know what you were talking about and i think someone should show newbs how to do this i have done it but i dont feel i can explain it well

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0