netcelli

Linux ApexDC++

28 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have started working on ApexDC for Linux. The client is based on Qt framework and this doesn't mean that will just work on KDE only ;) The Linux version should be the same of Window one but with few changes because the two OS are different ;)

Client is based on DC++ core and the idea is to make it good looking like ApexDC and got all functions a windows client has.

There are two packages:

• DC Client core (called libdcclient)
  • GUI

The frist one is just the client core that it's very easy to compile because I wrote autoconf and automake scripts and those will help you fixing missing dependences. Then the second one is the Gui that links against the libdcclient so you don't need to compile client and gui everytime. There is no public release or test version yet, but here some screenshoot I did:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

What do u think? Is someone involved in this project?

Bye

Awesome work man good to see someone getting the hang of it ;)

Keep US (me) updated this is what i been waiting for ;)

i bet the tricky part is gonna be adding op feats but u might be able to make new code for the new CMD comming up soon for ADC if u get some specs. of it

If DC++ incorporates it, I'm sure it'll get ported.

The idea is to implement little op features (apart from the standard set) as we want to focus on getting user features there first. ;)

Once there's a stable-ish and somewhat functional version we'll announce it. We're working closely with netcelli. ;)

well when its stable enough then crise should have the code soon from adrian (i hope) so it can be incorporated into clients (awaiting it eagerly)

Really great news, I know I am not involved in the funds, but imHo netcelli should get the reward with honours! ;) My next dream is unleashed! Anyone up to write Apex Mobile for pocket PC? I'd love to have it on my Qtec 9000 running Win Mobile 6.1. If the present Linux client works on some small Linux distro, which works on the Qtec, it will be fine too.

hehe cool hope he publishes the API later on then

I'm sufficiently excited, awaiting some sort of usable release. ;)

Hey Hey

That are really good news.

Finally someone take the challenge.

Great work m8. Keep going on ;)

Just a quick heads up. Anybody interested in testing early builds (read: not for production/regular use) should PM netcelli so he can distribute the builds.

Once a certain level of stability is available we'll start pushing more publically.

Ya know I was about to post a new topic about a linux release not happening and that I might try myself, but as this is looking good I think I will just sit back a bit and see how it goes. As I have said before I aint a coder, but recently I decided to swap over to linux and thus decided I need to learn programming.

So any suggestions on where to start learning linux coding will he helpful and then when I get to a good enough standard I will see what I can contribute.

Oh and definatly put me forward for testing. Could do with something better than LinuxDC++!

Better then LinuxDC++ ?

Well in all fairness linuxdc++ took several years to develop and is the only adc client for linux so plz dont bash the linuxdc++ devs

Edited by Toast

imo he does not bash, he just wants a challenge. ;)

Linux will prove difficult for beginners pro. If you want to learn to code on it, you'd be best with a background to coding to begin with.

Better to become comfortable to use it out of KDE first then start coding on it.

There are loads of linux forums around. They always prove the best place to learn.

So Netcelli how about an update on this topic how is the development going ?

So Netcelli how about an update on this topic how is the development going ?

We have the money? :) :stuart: :blink::blink: :w00t: :lol::P:)B) ;)

Will the "core" and the "GUI" be independent from each other?

Then you could run the core on the NSLU2 for example, which uses very low power and runs 24/7. The coor can be controllled via the GUI on the Desktop-PC :)

We have the money? :) :stuart: :):blink: :w00t: :lol::P:)B);)

Hello I'm sooo sorry but I'm damn busy with uni and exams so I have temporarly stopped developing it but I will continue ASAP! :)

OK, be cool, I just put my nose in foreign financial affairs, intending some fun. :) Stability and devotion are better than speed.

Awaiting with patience, netcelli. You cannot grave your project now. Hope the summer holidays help you to complete the task.

Hello netcelli. I wanted to do the exact same thing , make a qt version of ApexDC++ . You're using qt4 right ? Maybe I can help in the summer , I'm still quite a newb with c++ and don't know qt yet but I want to learn . Have you also managed to implement the extras such as multiple source downloading ? Thanks for the good work , things are getting better in Linux now.