Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ran

Blocking users

10 posts in this topic

I'm just running the client. I'm in an private DC++ hub which runs at 10MB/s+. I don't like the chunk sizing they enabled in DC++.705, which unfortunately many users don't know how to change.

Right now I'm using the IP Guard to block the people who chunk size; I want to just block people with chunk size (Minimum segment size) smaller than 1GB.

How would I go about doing this?

Regards and keep up the great work!

Err, you shouldnt do this, but you'd need to get each ip individually and enter it yaself.

Oh okay, thanks. Yeah I don't do it that much (actually just 1 person) who refuses to listen; Even the operator isn't happy about it.

I was actually curious is how do I change the chunk/min segment sizes in ApexDC?

We can't. But segment management is being improved at present.

Get the hub op to start doing some kicking if he aint happy ;)

We can't. But segment management is being improved at present.

Get the hub op to start doing some kicking if he aint happy ;)

But that means I'll get kicked ;)

I've yelled at 20 ppl who didn't change their segment sizes.

Oh well.

Next version of dc++ should have this sorted. i.e. if chunk done in short space of time, it automatically increases size of next chunk. or sommit ;)

I am in the same situation Ran is in. It would be really nice if the next version of ApexDC++ will have a Ban List where we can just add user to by right clicking their names. I have been adding user's IP to my firewall but that is getting really annoying.

wdc likes this

if there is some ban list, it will just block you, so you won't be able to download from anyone.

This is sharing application, so there's no reason to block any user. If you want to block someone, then go away from DC network.

if there is some ban list, it will just block you, so you won't be able to download from anyone.

This is sharing application, so there's no reason to block any user. If you want to block someone, then go away from DC network.

Yep its a sharing proggy .. thats why i want to block 0 share users from downloading off me.