Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yeti

Wikipedia link

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Some of the Peerweb features I like are the /g and /imdb command, which open the browser to the google or imdb search page with the searching request.

I personally would enjoy the same kind of thing for wikipedia, with a /wiki command.

Cheers

Yeti

Why not just provide an ability to define such commands? F. ex., if I want some search engine, I would do the following:

1. Open Settings

2. Open "Chat commands" or whatever name we decide.

3. Add the desired command (maybe just like a favourite hub is added).

The short way may be also: /acom /wiki for the above request (not sure whether two / entries are allowed though :) )

Edited by Zlobomir

Why not just provide an ability to define such commands? F. ex., if I want some search engine, I would do the following:

1. Open Settings

2. Open "Chat commands" or whatever name we decide.

3. Add the desired command (maybe just like a favourite hub is added).

The short way may be also: /acom /wiki for the above request (not sure whether two / entries are allowed though :) )

I'll take a look in both of the requests, and zlobomir two /commands are not allowed but in your case /wiki is not /command it's just a parameter for /acom :)

Some kind of personalization could be interesting, if possible, as some people may want to use this command to access wikipedia in their own language.

But just an /wiki with a search in the english language wikipedia would be great for me.

oooo just spotted this one.. ! Great idea ,, im always using wiki to explain typically english things to my foreign friends

:)

Maybe it has just been forgotten about. It would seem I missed this thread myself anyway. I think that user defined searches would be great, although you shouldn;t then be able to list them all in /help or have descriptions for them I would assume but that shouldn;t be a big deal. Would need a new page in the settings though. It'd definatly be nice to have.

I don't see this feature in the development page, has it been finally rejected?

Thxs

Yeti

The development page is no longer kept up-to-date (i.e. it's closed).

Maybe it has just been forgotten about. It would seem I missed this thread myself anyway. I think that user defined searches would be great, although you shouldn;t then be able to list them all in /help or have descriptions for them I would assume but that shouldn;t be a big deal. Would need a new page in the settings though. It'd definatly be nice to have.

The feature to add/remove/edit your own web shortcuts will be in preview 3. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0