Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goralf

[1.0.1] File in non-shared folder being downloaded

7 posts in this topic

I am currently watching how a file which I just downloaded is being downloaded by another person in the hub.

This is despite that the finished downloads directory is not listed as shared through Apex. Is this intentional or a bug?

I know that unfinished downloads are shared, this is nothing new. But I have never experienced files being located in the Finished Downloads directory being shared and uploaded once they have finished, before.

Do you think the reason is because he started the download while the file was in my temporary downloads directory, and he managed to 'follow' it to its final destination?

I have checked carefully that the folder that contains the file is not shared through Apex, nor shared on my LAN...

I restarted the client and reconnected to the hub. Now, the file was not available to the guy downloading anymore.

Perhaps you were already aware of this and/or it is an intentional feature; just thought you might want to know.

I restarted the client and reconnected to the hub. Now, the file was not available to the guy downloading anymore.

Perhaps you were already aware of this and/or it is an intentional feature; just thought you might want to know.

There is an option in apexdc++ settings that adds downloaded file to share after download

maybe you have checked that option accidentally. :thumbsup:

Hi Iranmaster, thanks for your reply. :thumbsup:

I looked through the settings and that option is not checked so there must be some other reason.

Downloading and downloaded files are automatically taken for partial file sharing.

You mean each downloaded file goes to share automatically?

You mean each downloaded file goes to share automatically?

yes, until client is restarted finished downloads are shared for partial file sharing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0