TheJackal

ApexDC++Sound - New version

17 posts in this topic

Hello!

I extend to Apex++ 1.0.1 as well my new judgment to the finish line with the going for the audios in a menu: Settings / Sounds. I for your comments for the audios take whatever ideas please. ;)

ApexDC__Sound5.rar

We with Jack already discussed them, imo quite good and event-suitable.

Hello!

I extend to Apex++ 1.0.1 as well my new judgment to the finish line with the going for the audios in a menu: Settings / Sounds. I for your comments for the audios take whatever ideas please. :unsure:

Are you f#$%ing serious??? A damn cat meowing every time I hit a key?!! :blink:

Are you insane or just sadistic? :thumbsup:

Are you f#$%ing serious??? A damn cat meowing every time I hit a key?!! :unsure:

Are you insane or just sadistic? :thumbsup:

HAHAHAHAHA !

Grrr, are YOU sadistic OR just not able/willing to do better? :unsure: Still, afaik almost no one has submitted any sounds up to now, so let's kill him? :thumbsup: Sounds are customizable, everyone can change any particular sound.

Grrr, are YOU sadistic OR just not able/willing to do better? :) Still, afaik almost no one has submitted any sounds up to now, so let's kill him? :blink: Sounds are customizable, everyone can change any particular sound.

I agree Z and I wasn't laughing at the statement made in hate. I was laughing at the way he put it and his inability to customize his own client. :thumbsup:

oriuskhan if you need assistance one of us would be happy to assist you. Don't just assume because you didn't set your client up how you prefer that someone else is insane or sadistic..It may just be your the sadistic or insane one... :unsure:

Edited by Mikey

I agree Z and I wasn't laughing at the statement made in hate. I was laughing at the way he put it and his inability to customize his own client. :thumbsup:

oriuskhan if you need assistance one of us would be happy to assist you. Don't just assume because you didn't set your client up how you prefer that someone else is insane or sadistic..It may just be your the sadistic or insane one... :blink:

First of all, there was no hate in my statement. It was mock incredulity/outrage, in the form of what most English-speakers would call "sarcasm".

Such jokes are difficult for some people to recognize sometimes, because to work, they have to have at least some appearance of being serious, and do not include a little note (nor a row of silly smiley faces) at the end indicating that it is, in fact a joke. Like this: (HAHA LOL!!) :D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D

I understand perfectly well how to set up the sounds on the events. My comment was due to the fact that I DID download his sound pack, and set all of the sound events to play the files in his pack, based on the file names he gave them. (It seems pretty logical, that naming a file "01 - Download begins.wav", indicates that it is intended to be played for the "Download Begins" sound event.... And that a file named "02 - Download finished.wav" is meant for "Download Finished"....... etc. etc.)

If YOU actually DO set all of your sounds to all of the files in his sound pack in this manner, at the end you will find a file named "13 - Typing notification.wav" and a menu setting named "Typing sound". Set the "Typing sound" event to the file "13 - Typing notification.wav" and you will find that every single time you hit a key on your keyboard while typing into a chat window, you will hear a high-pitched cat meowing.

PLEASE do this on your computer! And then try having a conversation in public chat or a private message..... It sounds like someone shooting some kind of machine-gun-laser-kitten weapon.......... Type this way for about 60 seconds, and if at that point you haven't already gone back into the menu to turn it off, or shoved a pencil into your ears to stop the pain, then you can come back here and tell me that you think my comment was exaggerated or out of line....

Ok so your complaining because your to lazy to remove that sound from settings so that doesn't happen? I don't understand what point your trying to make here. The sounds are a customizable feature. Not one person said you had to use a single one of them. If you don't like it then just remove it, simple as that. We don't need a great big story to why you don't like it or find it sadistic or whatever you wanna call it. Your griping over spilt milk. I think in all the time you spent to type that big post you could of solved it by editing your settings. We are developers and testers. The Apex team provides you with the material you want/need for the client. It is the users responsibility to set the client up to there likings.

So I ask one final time. What exactly do you want us to do about it? Fly over there and remove that particular sound for you?

Edited by Mikey

Ok so your complaining because your to lazy to remove that sound from settings so that doesn't happen? I don't understand what point your trying to make here. The sounds are a customizable feature. Not one person said you had to use a single one of them. If you don't like it then just remove it, simple as that. We don't need a great big story to why you don't like it or find it sadistic or whatever you wanna call it. Your griping over spilt milk. I think in all the time you spent to type that big post you could of solved it by editing your settings. We are developers and testers. The Apex team provides you with the material you want/need for the client. It is the users responsibility to set the client up to there likings.

So I ask one final time. What exactly do you want us to do about it? Fly over there and remove that particular sound for you?

Wow, you're really missing my point here. I don't want YOU to do anything. I wasn't even TALKING to you in the first place, you decided to jump in. I'm NOT asking for help from devs/testers, I'm replying to TheJackal, the original poster of this thread. If you still don't understand WHY I was writing this here, try re-reading the original post, you will see that he ASKED FOR COMMENTS about his audio choices.

I *DID* remove the sound after only a few seconds, because it was nuts to listen to. My COMMENT was directed at the original poster who created the sound pack, because it was his SUGGESTION that people use these sounds on their computers. The other sounds were fine, but I turned most of them off too because it was way too noisey with all of them on, with lots of transfers going at once.

BUT the rapid-fire cat meowing was so over-the-top ridiculous, that I could not see anyone seriously using that sound in that manner, at ALL. I assumed it must have been a practical joke that he was playing on the rest of us, and I was trying to play along....

Let me try making an analogy of what happened so far, to hopefully make you less confused (or more):

1. Jackal says "Hey everyone, here's my suggestion for a way to have more fun while eating your breakfast cereal in the morning!"

2. /me tries out Jackal's idea, following each of his instructions step by step. Gets to the last step, which says to "Curl your hand into a fist, and then punch yourself in the face repeatedly."

3. /me says "OWWW! Hey man, I tried your suggestion and it hurt like hell! What's the deal with telling people to try this??"

4. Mikey says "How DARE you attack his idea?!?! Are you too dumb to realize that you can stop punching yourself in the face any time you want??"

So to summarize: My original comment/questions were NOT directed toward YOU, or to any of the other Apex staff, or to anybody else in general EXCEPT for TheJackal. I was giving FEEDBACK on his choice of sounds, which he asked for. And I would appreciate not being jumped on anymore by someone who doesn't even really understand what's going on, until HE has a chance to respond...

Maybe he was playing a joke on us. Or maybe he intended that sound to be for a different sound event. Or maybe he really DOES sit there listening to the machine gun kitten laser all day, and actually finds it enjoyable.... THIS is what I want to know.

We with Jack already discussed them, imo quite good and event-suitable.

Hey, don't you think I have heard the sounds before being able to discuss? If TheJackal really has hurt your ears, your posts really are hurting my eyes, more and more and more. Your so called "joke", for which you pretend to be very wise, deep and understandable only by great brains like yours, should then be posted in PM. And PM to yourself, since I feel really dumb now and I fel hou bed mi Englych ys. If you were expecting a direct answer from TheJackal, you should have PMed him. Now get what you have asked for, bare with me, Mikey and eventually rest of the team. I will do my best to virtually terminate you, and will do it not with anger, but with pleasure. And at the end, if I am successful, I will put my iron boots and do with you what Achiles did with Hector's corpse. As you say, emo time here: :thumbsup: :lol::blink::lol::lol::D:):D:DB):D If there was any mistake at all, it is that TheJackal does not speak English good, and maybe should have posted in the BG section first. imo it is safer and more peaceful there, do not know why.

With all being written above, I sincerely wish you to have a nice day, which is highly unlikely if you behave the same way in real life, or unless you are a masochist.

@Mikey - thanks, you really spoke my mind.

Hey, don't you think I have heard the sounds before being able to discuss? If TheJackal really has hurt your ears, your posts really are hurting my eyes, more and more and more. Your so called "joke", for which you pretend to be very wise, deep and understandable only by great brains like yours, should then be posted in PM. And PM to yourself, since I feel really dumb now and I fel hou bed mi Englych ys. If you were expecting a direct answer from TheJackal, you should have PMed him. Now get what you have asked for, bare with me, Mikey and eventually rest of the team. I will do my best to virtually terminate you, and will do it not with anger, but with pleasure. And at the end, if I am successful, I will put my iron boots and do with you what Achiles did with Hector's corpse. As you say, emo time here: :thumbsup: :lol::blink::lol::lol::D:):D:DB):D If there was any mistake at all, it is that TheJackal does not speak English good, and maybe should have posted in the BG section first. imo it is safer and more peaceful there, do not know why.

With all being written above, I sincerely wish you to have a nice day, which is highly unlikely if you behave the same way in real life, or unless you are a masochist.

@Mikey - thanks, you really spoke my mind.

Agreed! There is a fine line between feedback and disrespect and your wording in your first post was disrespect, and for that fact the others after it werent far from it either. BTW the analogy you used and posted a comment was uncalled for. Please don't ever use my nick when creating your own disrespectful analogies. Thats how things get started that don't need started. In closing I didn't speak here to cause an explosion or listen to you pop off at your mouth. So, I wish you well and good luck in DC and life...by the looks of it and the way you speak your gonna need it.

Quit arguing or face some warns. :thumbsup:

As Posted:

ZloboMiR

Mikey:

So, I wish you well and good luck in DC and life...by the looks of it and the way you speak your gonna need it.

It appears we stopped the arguement for you...so no need to post just to raise your post count Lee. :blink:

NOTE: THAT IS A JOKE

Edited by Mikey

Yes, it was a joke. The three of us are saying it. :thumbsup:

You guys seriously need to lighten up, you all take life wayyyy to seriously!

Hi,

Thanks to oriuskhan, Lee, Zlobomir, Satan and Mikey for the raised discussion. A dose of truth hides out more once in the discussed issues. Be Endeavor In the future proposals the audios are still more clear - cut and accurate. :thumbsup: