Lee

Forum rearragement

26 posts in this topic

We have improved the forum layout to include a new tracker system that should help the management team to reply to reports and select whether they can be confirmed to be a bug/crash with our branch or DC++/StrongDC++. Furthermore, it will allow our users to understand what bugs/crashes have been confirmed and what have been fixed ready for the next version.

The world languages section has been moved into the support area, since the majority of topics are requesting support or similar discussion about the program.

We hope you like the rearragements... if you have any comments please post below. :)

I think it'll be better to move english topics from Support subforum to English subforum and move it with other language-dependent subforums from World Languages to Support's root.

It looks like racial discrimination to click one more link for getting to them. :whistling: :D

I think it'll be better to move english topics from Support subforum to English subforum and move it with other language-dependent subforums from World Languages to Support's root.

It looks like racial discrimination to click one more link for getting to them. :D:P

It's only racial discrimative if thats the way you look at it. Why does everyone have to look at the bad in everything. Can't you just give a compliment that the Management team is trying to do something to better bug reports and such. No, instead you wanna go on about how you think they are being racial because THEY setup THEIR board the way THEY wanted it and NOT how YOU think it should be. Not to mention 85% of the people on this board can read, speak and understand English. You read this thread didn't you? There is to much of this kinda crap that goes on. Just accept it and go on it's really not a big deal yet you wanna make it out to be.

On the upside of things. Thank you Lee for your continuing efforts to help make this board and Apex the best client out there. As it is not perfect at least you are doing your part to help make it that way. Thanks a ton and leave the forum how it is you did a good job! :whistling:

Edited by Mikey

It's only racial discrimative if thats the way you look at it. Why does everyone have to look at the bad in everything. Can't you just give a compliment that the Management team is trying to do something to better bug reports and such. No, instead you wanna go on about how you think they are being racial because THEY setup THEIR board the way THEY wanted it and NOT how YOU think it should be.

And I wonder why doesn't everyone have a sense of humor?!

Hehe calm down.

We asked for opinions Mikey, I want them. :whistling:

Hehe calm down.

We asked for opinions Mikey, I want them. :D

I thought that was anything short of a comment. Anyhow I apologize and will just shut up. :whistling:

Sergeo7: English is our primary language for support, and as such we feel it should be first. ;)

Nonenglish language support should be visible on the first page. It is now burried to deep, noone would find it.

Nonenglish language support should be visible on the first page. It is now burried to deep, noone would find it.

Hmm, quite true.

Well, would it be a hint for you, if I write it in Chinese (even be it simplified)? ;)

Non-english people do not speak English, support is an English word.

In Bulgarian: Поддръжка. I know, it is fairly easy. ;) Indeed, still haven't seen wrongly posted topics, but some users might just not post at all...

The argument was that the english support section is 'hidden', well it is under a section called SUPPORT so it is clearly NOT hidden, as a result, your argument is flawed Zlo, so why not just admit your wrong?

Because I am not wrong. SUPPORT, altho a commonly used word, is not as clear as having the respective language displayed on the main page in its original, erm, transliteration? I mean the small labels Bulgarian/Български Russian/Руски etc. , which before were visible directly. It is just my opinion, still if I have to lie that I think that now it is better, say so. ;)

The argument was that the english support section is 'hidden', well it is under a section called SUPPORT so it is clearly NOT hidden, as a result, your argument is flawed Zlo, so why not just admit your wrong?

Because I am not wrong. SUPPORT, altho a commonly used word, is not as clear as having the respective language displayed on the main page in its original, erm, transliteration? I mean the small labels Bulgarian/Български Russian/Руски etc. , which before were visible directly. It is just my opinion, still if I have to lie that I think that now it is better, say so. ;)

You both can have opinions you know. This world wouldn't be the same if everybody had to agree with each other..

We'll monitor how the current system works and see whether it needs to be on the forum index again. :)

The Tracker rearrangement is the perfect modification. The second one (hiding the national support) seems strange....

But, i have one idea... I hope we can create direct links to these subforums on the apexdc.net site. For example, we can add a section named Support (or International Support, maybe?) at the site with text "ApexDC has support in following languages: <list/links to corresponding subforums>".

This came to me when i had a look to 'Customise' section of the website.

Going further, we can determine the viewer's location via GeoIP database, and translate word "Support" to the corresponding language to display it in a quite comfortable form for non-english-speaking people.

Hmm, nice idea! ;)

Does this forum not have an option to display the forums in a different language anyway?

PhpBB supports user preference on the language and it will display the language in accordance with that setting.

Does this forum not have an option to display the forums in a different language anyway?

PhpBB supports user preference on the language and it will display the language in accordance with that setting.

the translation of buttons/standard forum phrases wont lead to translation of forum content... I guess people who use forums learned words like 'quote' and 'reply'.. And my suggesstion is only a try to provide more known words in most-visited areas, f.e. website :blushing:

This is something on the cards... :blushing:

IIRC, and I could be wrong, phpBB will also convert the forum titles, not all the content, but forum titles go with it.

IIRC, and I could be wrong, phpBB will also convert the forum titles, not all the content, but forum titles go with it.

We're sticking with IPB :blushing:

I wasn't saying switch to phpBB, I was just wondering if IPB also allowed it.

Sorry, maybe I was not clear enough when explained what I was thinking about. If rearrange forums again and do it like this:

Main -> Support ->

Subforums: Guides, English, Bulgarian / Български, Croatian / Hrvatski, Finnish / Suomi, French / Francais, German / Deutsch, Hungarian/ Magyar, Icelandic / íslenska, Italian / Italiano, Polish / Polski, Russian / Русский, Serbian / Srpski / Српски, Slovak / Slovensky, Swedish / Svenska

English subforum'll be still one click away from the main page (hmm.. yes, link will be smaller in size. ^^") but other languages'll be too.

No one gets hurt and all will be happy. ))