WhiteKnuckles

Downgrade from 1.01 to 0.40

8 posts in this topic

I have recently upgraded from version 0.40, which was very stable, to version 1.01, which is supposed to be "stable" but is far from it. Whilst Apex is great software and I appreciate the efforts of the programmers, version 1.01 is not ready for general use at this point and really should still be described as beta. My question is in order to downgrade back to 0.40, can I just reinstall 0.40 over the top of 1.01 and still retain my settings or do I need to do a complete fresh install and redo all my settings?

I have recently upgraded from version 0.40, which was very stable, to version 1.01, which is supposed to be "stable" but is far from it. Whilst Apex is great software and I appreciate the efforts of the programmers, version 1.01 is not ready for general use at this point and really should still be described as beta. My question is in order to downgrade back to 0.40, can I just reinstall 0.40 over the top of 1.01 and still retain my settings or do I need to do a complete fresh install and redo all my settings?

Moved to Support.

Best to do a fresh install, the queue.xml is different from 1.0.1.

What about reporting bugs/crashes instead of saying "It's unstable".

I have seen a lot of messages like "new version is ****", "it's very buggy" etc. in Czech mainchat, but none of these users weren't able to describe at least one thing which is bad in new version :)

Off course not BM, it's a syndrome, soon to be recognized by the NHS, called n00bism, definition:

'I DONT UNDERSTAND! I IZ STUPID! AH! I KNOW! BLAME DEVELOPER! PROB SOLVED!'

see?

ok, one bug i have found with the apex 1. (1.0 and 1.1)series, is the following, when trying to move a queue from one download location to another, causes apex to create an exception report... it doesnt matter if the queue is 1b or 500GB i have tried both... on opening the exception report to post here, i find it is empty... This is either a "bug" or a crash... I leave it to the esteemed linguists amongst us to decide which it should be...

Thanks

Tony

PS

This is a public forum, and is supposed to be here as SUPPORT... Please can all members remember that when posting and refrain from the sarcastic responses as evidenced above...

hehe Satan rox ;) as for downgrading well if the user can ignore the developers recommendation and the changelog and the errors in the client and the rest that follows with the downgrade he is actually pretty dumb.

this is a common problem on dc that users downgrade to older versions due to some small feature that they choose not to understand and just plainly disregard it instead in the end this will result in force upgrading instead of free upgrading

hehe Satan rox ;) as for downgrading well if the user can ignore the developers recommendation and the changelog and the errors in the client and the rest that follows with the downgrade he is actually pretty dumb.

this is a common problem on dc that users downgrade to older versions due to some small feature that they choose not to understand and just plainly disregard it instead in the end this will result in force upgrading instead of free upgrading

Force upgrading = Client change :whistling: In fact, no user has to bear with a support, calling him dumb.

Well they do actually, when they are blaming a developer for something that they have not done wrong.

You cannot come onto a forum and expect to say to the developer's 'don't release beta software as 'stable'' and then not expect to provoke a response.