FiTLeSS

AutoBan by users share or slots or etc

28 posts in this topic

Hello, please add new feature: autoban if users share smaller than XX gb and etc. same as attach.

post-10561-1205590038_thumb.png

Stupid idea.

We'd be hindering dial-up and low bandwidth users.

it's denny access to my share only and all )

Сами дураки!!! )))))

We know. Denying access to your share is cheating and leeching. In DC we promote sharing. If you wanna cheat and leech I would suggest finding another p2p program cause the people of DC are fed up with this type of material. This type of feature only gets you kicked and even banned from hubs.

So, once again to recap what we have told you here "It's a stupid idea, it's never going to happen, and it's just dumb to think something of nature would be implemented."

Edited by Mikey

This one is taken from SMT mod / Greylink. Deserves attention only for OP version maybe. :rolleyes:

This one is taken from SMT mod / Greylink. Deserves attention only for OP version maybe. :rolleyes:

I don't think OP's should be allowed this feature. Yeah sure we as OP's reserve the right to hide our share but our files still will come up in search. I think the feature is totally stupid for users, ops, admins, and owners all together.

this feature for:

user must share, but not download only...

sorry my english bad )

Huh? I totally don't understand what that means. I am usually pretty good at putting together bad english...not this time...LOL

короче , говорю тебе по русски!

Эта фича нужна для того, чтобы заставить халявщиков, которые только качают ... еще и расшаривать!! ))))))

What happens if user can only open one slot or has a small upload speed limit from their ISP? Not fair to ban them because of this.

just lock the topic lol, its gonna be same result anyways

ok, just close topic ) you don't understand my idea )

I understand it... reply to my post.

If i can understand the request, the blocking clients which don't share isn't a too bad an idea. Will probably end up with people doing that getting kicked. I know a hub which operates similar policy (people with 0 share, cannot leech of other people), which is nice. :)

ok, just close topic ) you don't understand my idea )

I understand your idea. I just don't like it and think it's pointless. :)

If i can understand the request, the blocking clients which don't share isn't a too bad an idea. Will probably end up with people doing that getting kicked. I know a hub which operates similar policy (people with 0 share, cannot leech of other people), which is nice. :)

He's not requesting just 0 share kicks, it's everything. :)

Well, i agree with the 0 share blocking . . .. in theory anyway.

it's denny access to my share only and all )

Сами дураки!!! )))))

Makes me think he means just block them from downloading, not actually kick / ban them.

If it is kick / ban, that's the hubsoft's rules job. i.e. min share / min slots blah blah blah

Well, i agree with the 0 share blocking . . .. in theory anyway.

Makes me think he means just block them from downloading, not actually kick / ban them.

If it is kick / ban, that's the hubsoft's rules job. i.e. min share / min slots blah blah blah

Apologises, I meant block.

Well, i passed this problem in another way -- and done it much more effective... :) I've changed the DC protocol a bit for my special anti-leech hub and compiled a special DC client without any leeching/cheating options. Nobody can connect this hub using other client, due to protocol modification. This client still can connect to other hubs using standard DC protocol (there is a special autoswitching mechanism). So i don't need to ban/detect leeching mods -- i should only set up minsharelimit and minimal upload speed than can be done in hub settings. That's all.

Please note that this solution is used in 100mbit-LAN with free internal traffic, not over Internet, so we don't violate anything -- we only want from users to share more :) This is not applicable for Inet hubs where different users use different (f.ex ADSL, hence slow) connections...

Just to make it clear, I my post above was about the first post in the topic. I. e. it is not so bad OPs to be able to ban&kick for smaller share, altho it can be set in hubsoft.