Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmvn

[Feature Add] HubFrame/PrivateFrame Chat Message Resizing

3 posts in this topic

I added a useful feature to my apex mod that I watched some months ago in speedmod. The Chat Message now can be resized up to 10 lines of text, like this:

Decpxsmjx6.png

And this is the new Appearance window (yellow box marks the new setting control).

1UsY733t4P.png

Also I optimized the layout of Appearance dlgbox (shown with the red frame): the AWAY message was too short, and the path to langfile is too small... (this is also included in this patch).

I tried to add .patchfile as attach to this post, but it failed, so here is the direct link... (why .bz2 files are not acepted??? :D )

http://dmvn.myftp.org/soft/chatmessage.patch.bz2 (svn diff with the 1.0.1 final version taken from site).

Hope this will be merged into the project :)

Any comments, wishes?

We already have this, see max resize lines (under advanced -> experts only) :) the difference to yours being that it only resizes when it is needed

Oh **** :) You're right :D

So much settings, so much options... As for me, my implementation is more useful, but this is only IMHO, anyway. Thanx for advice, next time i'll read the source code more review code more carefully, although i revised "Experts only" section....

The one thing still remains useful in my post... Would you like to adjust the layout of Appearance dlgbox, as shown? More precisely, extend space for "AWAY msg" to the width of the dialog, and move timestamp box to bottom. It's quite easy, but improves design, because AWAY message shall be long enough to see the whole message, while the path for langfile can be short as nobody actually enters it with hands, i believe everybody uses

"Browse" button :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0