Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jesse

[Bug][1.0.1] Irregular total size of downloaded/uploaded files

11 posts in this topic

I guess it must be bug that there's an irregular total size of downloaded and uploaded files which takes place in the right bottom corner of the Finished Downloads and Finished Uploads windows. Say, I've got downloaded file of 4.43 MB and I see 4.30 MB in the mentioned place. The more files are loaded the less accurate size is seen.

This is not a bug, it's because the file you have download in is Megabit, whereas the reading is Megabyte.

Common windows problem, doesn't exist in Vista, it is clear about it's readings.

But if you say that I see 4.43 Megabits reading there must be 4.43 / 8 = 0.55 Megabytes of real file, and I see 4.30 Megabytes (as you said). Unfortunately, everything's still not clear for me.

if you mean that summary size is not equal to size in bottom right corner, it's because size in statusbar isn't summary size, but bytes transferred (and finished) in actual session

Oh! Big Muscle, thank you very much. I guess we just fell into misunderstanding then, but now all doubts have disappeared for me. Maybe I should have explained more accurately originally. In fact, I should have read the user guide :rolleyes:.

Sometimes I'm ready to believe in everything when it sounds evidently in any direction. But now I have to ask:

Big Muscle, what did you mean behind the words "summary size" in your last reply? I've attached two shots which show my accident. Did you refer to summary size in rectangle 3 in either image as to the size of bytes transferred in actual session? If it's so I have got to say that I knew it and to state the question again but more directly: why do the sizes of rectangles 1 and 2 (red ones I've drawn for you) differ from each other? Now I can say more. I'm sure the file "The Unforgiven II" was downloaded in only one actual session (look at the image), 'cause it was done in the only once launched application from the very beginning till the end of downloading. It must have been downloaded entirely in 33.79 MB in my session, but I see "1 Items - 30.81 MB". What is this? But if you mean rectangle 2 contents is the trasferred bytes then I must apologise to everybody and confess the real complexity of that system :).

I think now I've expressed the problem the best. I'm waiting for your response. :)

post-10128-1205608017_thumb.png

post-10128-1205608022_thumb.png

1 = file size of finished files

2 = bytes finished in current session

3 = all bytes transferred in current session

I found I didn't know what the session is. Would you explain it to me?

Maybe HDD's cluster size has some influence or not?

Shouldn't do, if we're running under windows NTFS formats drives in same cluster size. Unless user specified, even then, it shouldn't affect dc reading the drive.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0