Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old Indain

Ghost remover

7 posts in this topic

How hard would be to implement a ghost user detector?......does it have to be on the hub side or can it be done through the client?

First off, I can't think of any secure method to determine such users. But basically I admire the idea.

i think he means fake users created by some app in order to increase the number of users in a determinate hub

Or "Nick taken" message, due to a bad disconnection from hub.

Or "Nick taken" message, due to a bad disconnection from hub.

Yep this is the problem you can run into on a hub sometimes. A user will show being connected when in fact they are not and may be trying to get back in the hub and can't because the user name is taken.

This may be a problem that can only be taken care of through the hub software....That is why I posed the question. I have used DDch hub software for a short time, and it had a ghost remover function built into the commands, but that software is a Vb script operation and I'm not a Vb kinda guy, so I switched to Ynhub, and it does not have that function, so I was just wondering if this is something that can also be worked in from the client side in the OP commands.

After all....It's Apex and it's the best out there right?

And now it has plugins...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0