Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AcidStew

"Shared Directories" get lost!

7 posts in this topic

Hi..

I'm using Apex DC 1.0.0B5 and my whole share is on a external USB harddisc. Sometimes (but not often :thumbsup: ), I turn of my computer and poweroff the external harddisc. Next day I've turned my computer on and try to connect to hub. I get disconnect, because i had no share. OK, I've forgot to turn on the external harddisc. So I've started the harddisc and try to connect again, but it appears the same message. After this message, I've checked my "Sharing" settings and I saw, that no directory were checked in the "Shared Directories" dialog.

I've tried to reproduce the problem and I was able to made it...

When you start Apex DC and your configured share drive is not avaliable, the config of this shares will be lost. I think this ist also, when your network drive is not mounted on Application startup :P

AcidStew

Seems to be a problem with ApexDC, whereby if the HDD disappears and it hashs the share, it removed the drive from share. SDC does not do this.

My Apex does a filelist refresh every startup, so I'd rather expect this kind of behavior if it was my computer you were talking about.

Wouldn't creating a PreviousHasdData.xml and PreviousHashIndex.dat be more helpful? Keep the latest TTH for any removed file/drive/etc. in them. And get the entries in it that are older than a week deleted. When a previously-removed file is found, it is checked against the data in these files (put a limit to file size, say, 10MB, otherwise it will be very inefficient) and the TTH already exists, can be shared instantly.

Not really, surely removing folders from the Share Directory without the user's request is just silly....

Not existing folders are automatically removed from sharelist.

Thats right... Existing folders are not automatically removed. This happens only if the folder is not avaliable at ApexDC startup.

It would be more usefull to keep configured folders for sharing with a dead-link symbol or something. It sometimes happens, that i forget to turn on my external drive and if i start ApexDC, i have do reconfigure all my shared folders :D

I agree, there isn't any reason to "autodiotidize" shared info. Mainly because missing folders could be made = to empty folders. And we already have an option not to share empty folders. Or better, just show the missing one in filelist with "PM me for the content" note.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0