AcidStew

Configurable upload-slots for favorite hubs

19 posts in this topic

Hello

I think the most of us knew this problem... One hub requires e.g. 2 open upload slots and this is configured in the Settings->Sharing. So now you connect to a second hub, which need also 2 open upload slots. Now you must set the upload slots in Settings->Sharing up to 4.

In this case it would be usefull to grant a number of upload slots in at the favorite hub proberties for each hub (if nothing is set, the gloabl value works), which override the global settings.

Example:

Global value in "Settings->Sharing" is set to 2

Favorite HUB-A has a value set to 2

Favorite HUB-B has a value set to 2

If I have connected both hubs the upload slots are automaticlly increased to 4 and every hub gets max. 2 upload slots.

So i hope this is realisable :-)

Thx AcidStew

Seems convenient, but what about the users with slower upload, their speeds will be awful.

Thats right but if the default value is emty in every favorite entrie, the global settings will work (e.g 2 slots for all favorite hub entries). So users with slower upload speed, do not configure special upload slots in the favorite entries. Everything works as now...

It will work, but how to ensure that users will not abuse the feature?

maybe it would be better to have a speed-per-slot feature.

when I look at my uploads there is always one going 20-30 k/s and the other few are stuck at 1-5 k/s

this would balance thing out a bit.

@spaljeni

This feature has nothing to do with speed. I just want open more open slots, when i connect to some favorite hubs. I try to explain in my case...

Normaly I'm connected to one hub and i have opened 2 upload slots (requested by hub). Sometime I connect to a second hub at the same time, which also requests 2 upload slots. So for all together i need 4 slots for both hub and I must set it in the global configuration. I will garantee, that every hub gets 2 slots and i cant, becaue maybe the first hub takes 3 and the second only 1 and thats a kick-reason. Further i will only have a number if upload slots open as it is requested by the hub. So if I disconnect to the second hub, I must set the upload slots back to 2, because I will only grant what is requested by hub.

@Zlobomir

How should this feautre get abused? Contrariwise it will help to grant every hub the solts which are requested and also it makes the life easier :-)

@Zlobomir

How should this feautre get abused? Contrariwise it will help to grant every hub the solts which are requested and also it makes the life easier :-)

imo each feature which lets uers to auto-meet the minimum requirements of a hub is a leecher's feature.

Well thats maybe true, but in some cases (like me) I get most of the time over a few days no download-slot and my upload-slots are every time taken. This is also a abuse of my upload slots. I give more as I get and thats also a kind of abuse. If i could just grant upload-slots what's requested would be the fairest way for both sides (user and hub).

maybe it would be better to have a speed-per-slot feature.

when I look at my uploads there is always one going 20-30 k/s and the other few are stuck at 1-5 k/s

this would balance thing out a bit.

should I open a new topic for this?

should I open a new topic for this?

Why not... I think this is also a good feature but there is really a high change for abuse. I'm sure in some cases it could be very useful :-)

@spaljeni - I am not sure whether the protocol allows such speed distribution between slots (at least with a reasonable amount of code).

@AcidStew - Actually isn't the "slot ratio" feature what U are looking for? It is already implemented. Sorry if I look stupid by asking this, at least it is not intentional.

@AcidStew - Actually isn't the "slot ratio" feature what U are looking for? It is already implemented. Sorry if I look stupid by asking this, at least it is not intentional.

The "slot ratio" share all configured slots to all hubs were are you connected. Its like faire-use and if you be connected to just one hub, this hub will use all configured upload slots. I want to overrule the global-settings for the upload slot for my favorite hubs. I will increase/decrease the upload-slots especially for hubs. I will only open so much slots as i need. If I be connected to 5 hubs, i need more upload-slots as I be connected to just one hub and this setting should help to open the slots automaticlly and first on to grant every hub the minimum requiered upload-slots. This is the fairest method for user and hub.

Hi all!

There are updates avaliable for this topic? Is the feautre accepted? I did not find any signs for it in the release note of the new beta version 1.2.0.

Thanks

AcidStew

Hey, I need this feature too.

In other words, +1 for this. :)

I think this is partially done with slot ratio in ApexDC++. If you set slot ratio to 2, it will increase by 2 slots / hub. But not control the slot usage / hub. =)

I think this is partially done with slot ratio in ApexDC++. If you set slot ratio to 2, it will increase by 2 slots / hub. But not control the slot usage / hub. =)

It's not good, because I need to set my own slot balance for favorite hubs (for example, 10 slots to one hub and 50 to another. Or even something like this - 10 slots for one hub and pool of 50 slots shared to three other hubs...)

It's not good, because I need to set my own slot balance for favorite hubs (for example, 10 slots to one hub and 50 to another. Or even something like this - 10 slots for one hub and pool of 50 slots shared to three other hubs...)

QFT

Imagine a situation: You have data-limited upload to internet, but unlimited upload to LAN. You could set 2 slots shared to the 2 interneet hubs you are in, and 10 extra slots for the LAN hub. That is what I would do :unsure:

QFT

Imagine a situation: You have data-limited upload to internet, but unlimited upload to LAN. You could set 2 slots shared to the 2 interneet hubs you are in, and 10 extra slots for the LAN hub. That is what I would do :crying:

I can't say it better ;-)

So but i still don't know, if the feature will come...