Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bocius

Favorite users

9 posts in this topic

How to add users to favorite list when they are offline?

Could be done by modifying favorites.xml file, but where shoud I get the CID?

I have tried to generate md5 code from the string of the nickname, codes does not correspond.

Please help

Thank You

You can't do this, not yet anyway. CID is completely random for each user rather than following a fixed code.

E.G. if someone is in 9 hubs he/she will have 9 CID's. I think....

E.G. if someone is in 9 hubs he/she will have 9 CID's. I think....

Correct, for nmdc... in ADC CID is same for same user in each hub afaik... but regardless what is being asked here isn't possible :)

so there is no solution for current version?

Not sure about this, but..... if you enable 'Log Filelist transfers', you should have the CID in the log.

Just a thought and would gladly be corrected if I'm wrong. :)

Technically that would work, but if the user connects with another CID they will not show up in the fav-list.

Technically that would work, but if the user connects with another CID they will not show up in the fav-list.

My thoughts emerged from the fact that the TestSURs are being saved in the download queue.

So, I kind of expect that the user's CID will not change as long as he doesn't change nick or IP.

Is that conclusion wrong?

If so, what is the use of the client saving the 'offline user' TestSURs info ?

Hope to learn a bit more, as I would also appreciate adding offliners to favorites. :)

So, I kind of expect that the user's CID will not change as long as he doesn't change nick or IP.

Is that conclusion wrong?

In NMDC the CID is created from Hub Addy and Username. IP has nothing to do with it.

So from logs or whatever you should be able to manually add them. :)

If the developers of Apex wanted to take this futher, little pointer in the right direction :crying:

CID ClientManager::makeCid(const string& aNick, const string& aHubUrl) const throw()

If the developers of Apex wanted to take this futher, little pointer in the right direction :)

CID ClientManager::makeCid(const string& aNick, const string& aHubUrl) const throw()

Yeah, I am aware of this function... but it'd only work for nmdc (assuming that your hint meant letting users manually input the respective hub address and nick).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0