Ubitsa

Apex reporting as DC++

9 posts in this topic

So, sometimes even when 'emulate dc++' is not checked for a hub, Apex will report as DC++. I think I've noticed it reporting as DC++ 0.68,0.69, and maybe 0.704.

As far as I can tell, this happens sometimes when a user is redirected from one hub to another. I've got an Apex-only hub, but at least 10% of the people are still reporting as DC++, despite the fact that they are using Apex(most of them, at least). Most of the mis-reporting users are just retarded and checked 'emulate dc++', but some people it was redirection causing it. Also, some users were using Quick Connect, and they showed up as DC++.

Anyhow, I am wondering if this is standard behavior or if it's not supposed to do that? I'm having a devil of a time making the hub pure Apex currently.

It is meant to happen, any user that is in a hub that is not in their favorites will show as DC++, the client automatically emulates in any 'unknown' hubs. I.e. hubs that it did not connect to itself with a specific instruction for no emulation.

I see, I guess that makes sense since there's so many hostile hubs out there :P

Thanks for the info, I'll just hafta ride the noobs harder I guess.

hehe i see crise added GetZBlock to emulation so it doesnt break it :P

Its an hell of an option to do emulate by default. I support that :)

i dont get it, why emulate by default ?

whats the pro's for that ?

Apex Rocks and i want everyone to know i have it !

Apex Rocks and i want everyone to know i have it !

Yes yes yes... have been talked about that... For your default favorite hubs you can always leave emulation off (just once) ... And that is ok... but when you check some new hubs you might get kicked for having a multisource client in very same second you connect to the hub by the kicking clients or lua scripts... Nobody will see of regular users that you are using apex... Then, you will have to wait 1, 2, 4, 12, 24 hours or more to get a chance to get in in that hub again... Apex is one of the BEST client. Dont need advertising really... Check this topic: http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=2076

hubs that kick apex for being multisource suck anyways and i don't want to use lame hubs :(