burek

New User Command bug

3 posts in this topic

I have a lot of user commands added, and when I add a new user command, and try to move it on top of all the others, it just doesn't go up. It stays at the bottom. And after a couple of times going to File - Settings - User commands, and adjusting a new command position to be on top, it appears somewhere in the middle of the list, and next time it really places the command at the top position..

Same problem here. I presume you've kept your settings file from older versions.

I saved my usercommands in notepad, saved my theme, then deleted the settings file, started Apex to create a fresh one and pyut my user commands back. They show in correct order now (with the exception of separators, which do not seem to show anywhere). It was painful enough to re-hash 300GBs, but at least no more compatibility issues...

Not needed... Just switch off Apex, look if the process is off too, then open Favorites.xml with Notepad and edit it carefully. Then start Apex. The reason for me is that the folder somehow is marked "read-only". I can set new attributes, apply new command order, but in two mins or so it is again "read-only".

WARNING: Make a back-up of the Favorites.xml first.