Delta-Z

[Bug]Remove active download in 1.0.0B5

10 posts in this topic

I had an active download running of a file that I did not want anymore, so I went over to Download Queue tab and removed it. The file got removed from the queue, but download attempts did not stop, switching to infinite loop of "Connecting..." / "Download finished, idle...". It looks like downloads engine kept trying to download the file. It did not get any progress though, although before I removed the file from the queue it was downloading ok. After I restarted the client everything was normal.

Have you waited about 2 minutes before restart?

Have you waited about 2 minutes before restart?

No. I think I waited a little more than one minute. Is it supposed to take 2 minutes to update?

Yes, if I remember correctly BM statement. He had some reasons to leave it so long.

If it is really necessary, perhaps you should change the status message, not to confuse newbies like myself :)

Welcome to the geeky universe. DC is not for newbies! :) Seriously, I prefer to see "what's going on behind the curtains". Otherwise it is like disconnecting your usb drive while Windows still keeps info in cache.

Seriously, this is the big thing that is getting me down about Apex and open source development forums in general. Somehow the GUI is second class citizen or worse.

I do not say let's make it all work through f**kin wizards, but isn't it reasonable to have a clean and easy to understand GUI? Apex is really one of the simpler and nicer applications I use (me being a graduate CS student), but it has annoying glitches like this, that nobody is willing to even consider fixing.

imo this one is not a glitch. The program just shows 1:1 what it is doing. It might be the simplest appy on the world, but it will still require some RingTFM. Go ask M$ about the non-deleting empty folders in XP, this is a glitch. I do not say Apex is perfect, but we (try to) fix things.