Lee

Development begins

30 posts in this topic

The development team is pleased to announce the beginning of our development franchise. Over the next couple of days you will see a set of initial versions for our regular client, identified as public previews of the 1.0 release. If you want to gain access to our private development builds (currently based on StrongDC++2.00) leading up to the our public releases you can either enter our competition or donate. :)

There has been steady progress with the Linux project, headed by mattdev121. He has used Linux DC++'s cvs repository to ensure the latest bugs are fixed, and has fixed numerous bugs himself. He is positive his version is superiour and more stable than Linux DC++. Stay tuned for further details on this.

The regular version's development has suppressed what we could have imagined over the past few days. Crise has been spending a large amount of his time preparing the client ready for launch. Remember that these will be classed as experimental, and are released to provide feedback on features included. If you don't like something, tell us and we can improve it before we release 1.0. Details on changes will be present upon the release of public previews/betas of ApexDC++. Visit the forums to stay up to date.

Finally, the OP client has seen decent progress. SkyNet (head coder) has been researching clients to provide us with a stable program. You can check out the latest on this, here.

Hell yeah !!!! The journey begins...

I wish you good luck guys. :D

Have a great and creative time during the construction. :)

Good luck guys :)

hi, I'll open my CVS in a few days as a holiday present, so you will be able to make your client quickly :)

hi, I'll open my CVS in a few days as a holiday present, so you will be able to make your client quickly :)

Very much appreciated. I'll talk to you on ICQ later I presume. :P

hi, I'll open my CVS in a few days as a holiday present, so you will be able to make your client quickly :pinch:

1) Thank you very much for releasing your CVS.

2) Thank you very much for spending your time and coming here personally to tell us!

ApexDC++ is getting a little bit nearer? ;)

Thank you too Big Muscle. I'm sure it's worth the (cough ;) ) long waiting. :pinch:

Thank you too Big Muscle. I'm sure it's worth the (cough :pinch: ) long waiting. :P

It is, don't worry. Like I told him, it's the most stable version I've ever used in my DC++ 'experience'. And no, that's not just to get him to release it sooner. ;)

yep thanks Big Muscle.

Matdev/Lee is there any chance of getting a linux beta?

yep thanks Big Muscle.

Matdev/Lee is there any chance of getting a linux beta?

PM him and see what his response is - that'll provide you with a more accurate answer.

I've updated the first post with our new plans of releasing 1.0 sooner than expected, plus giving you some preview releases or betas working up to the almighty 1.0. :)

Nice, good luck. cant wait to test it and ditch my old DC. :-p

Lee, what happend whit the dev-page??? I only get text on it ^_^ . I dont see progressbars.

(K) Beertje

Lee, what happend whit the dev-page??? I only get text on it ^_^ . I dont see progressbars.

(K) Beertje

Yer, I need to fix that. I'll speak to the host :)

(K) Beertje

Ok, fixed the dev page.

No screenshots, yet but once we get some more icons for the client then yes :)

So maybe tomorrow the new ApexDC Lee??? :):):)

(K)Beertje

No i don't think it's quite ready yet, but assuming that Lee can get some icons, maybe we can tease you guys with some screenshots soon :)