Kandinsky

Solved: Connection Problems with Beta 5

5 posts in this topic

I installed Beta 5 today (upgraded from Beta 4) and after that I couldn't connect to any hub because I was getting this error: "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". Checked the connection (with the link from the connecton tab) - reported OK, both on TCP and UDP.

Reinstalled Beta 4...all working with the same settings. Ideas anyone?

Connection type: Firewall with UPnP

I installed Beta 5 today (upgraded from Beta 4) and after that I couldn't connect to any hub because I was getting this error: "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". Checked the connection (with the link from the connecton tab) - reported OK, both on TCP and UDP.

Reinstalled Beta 4...all working with the same settings. Ideas anyone?

Connection type: Firewall with UPnP

Suggestion? Make sure the IP Guard default is set to allow or it will block all connections to the hubs and users. I had the IPGuard default to deny and had this issue. Check that setting and report back

Edited by Mikey

Update: IPGuard is turned off by default so it doesn't affect anything.

I managed to make it work and found the cause:

The Bind Address Option. I had it set for my LAN IP (I have 2 network cards). I have now reset it to 0.0.0.0 and it works.

BOTTOM LINE:

If U used Bind Address: reset it to 0.0.0.0. If you need bind address, find a guru :)

I reinstalled Beta 5. IPGuard was disabled. So it shouldn't affect any thing. If enabled ...what settings do you recommend? Default policy...and add (do I need to add something in order to allow all conections?)

Default policy should be allow.