Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
extensis

[1.0.0B5] Virtualisation mode on Vista

8 posts in this topic

Whatever you did, now ApexDC won't run in Virtualization mode on Vista while UAC is enabled.

That's sort of a bad thing since i don't want to allow any user program to write anything in my Program Files.

Hope you'll get it right in the future!

Whatever you did, now ApexDC won't run in Virtualization mode on Vista while UAC is enabled.

That's sort of a bad thing since i don't want to allow any user program to write anything in my Program Files.

How about you install it in different place then, eh?

PS: I can't possibly know what is wrong with it as I don't use vista :thumbsup:

I do, Vista's UAC is a COMPLETE and UTTER pile of BOLLOCKS!

Turn that shizzat off!! It's the most stupid feature ever and provides NO security WHATSOEVER!

I agree ,,,, UAC is just plain anoying ,,,,, turn it off,,,, suprised you still have it running ,,,,, u spend more time f-ing with the pop up's than anything else...

BTW, just to put your mind at ease, if you use vista UAC nasty programs will get around it and you wont get a pop-up. So it will not help unfortunately.

I'm not going to imply on the level of your comprehension of Windows Vista, or any home based Windows, but its not logical to have such settings. Applications you install by default install to Program Files folder, its actually very recommended to install any programs there as it has custom security policy over any user created folder.

Vista is an awful thing for doing that. MS seem far too controlling on our systems these days. But I guess the argument is, don't use it if your unhappy.

Vista is an awful thing for doing that. MS seem far too controlling on our systems these days. But I guess the argument is, don't use it if your unhappy.

And so I don't. :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0