Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 1.0.0 Beta 5

44 posts in this topic

:) Hi, The install is sucessfull ApexDC++ Beta 5, new install, not update, but...

1 - Downloads ok, speed fast, uses less memory, connection more hubs is faster.

2 - Speed exclusive on Uploads don´t show, but run uploads bettered accomplished, show in Uploads Finished ( intermittent situation) and

3 - Don´t show icons about users status on hub (this fix off), only colors text show, despite experiment others configurations on appareance, this is enduring problem.

Before i'm running Beta 3 because "Beta 4" not work properly for me, persistent crashes hub connections.

I'm uninstall all first and subsequently install Beta 5.

For now it's run good, what do you advise me to do about icons?

Thank´s for great job, Apex is the best client.

In apex b3 settings were stored in (for example) "c:\users\xxx\...\settings"

but in b5 version my settings stored in the dir where programm was installed(i don't have permissions to access this dir from programm).

question: what i must do for apex can read\write settings from\to "c:\users\xxx\...\settings" ?

There might be some way, probably this is an intentional change, made by our devs. Maybe it is worth to add an option to choose what behavior to use (single or multi user) during the install/upgrade.

They have always been stored in the directory. To me, it seems more like vista has stopped doing it, not apex.

If so, it is unlikely M$ to change it back for us. So we may have to adapt. :)

The new beta version of apexdc is having issue with hashing in Vista. Changing the file permissions seems to be a fix for this. Apparently the hash file is not allowed to save the hashindex creating the problem.

They have always been stored in the directory. To me, it seems more like vista has stopped doing it, not apex.

hardly, b3 works properly on Vista and never "has stopped doing it".

Well, B3 saves to the directory for me, as do all the previous beta's. I use vista.

Also, just turn UAC off as it is a stupid feature anyway, then it will stop the problem.

very big crash in uploading! speed is bad 4.57kb/s, i think its bug.. Ill waiting for next update.. :)

Report this through the crashs section and give the exception info. We may be able to help.

hiya guys, except for the upload speed bug, everything has been running smooth for days on end here now, very good, actually noticing less cpu nd ram usage here too now (where the alpha somehow used some more then b4 did here) Hopefully that little bug can be squashed sometime, aint first priority to me though, client seems to run good speeds anyways =)

/djbarney

The idea is that all beta users stay up to date with the current beta version. We do not want users running previous betas on the network. ;)

Please don't tell us what version to use. Everyone can decide for himself to update (or not). I hate the policy of forcing the user to do what you want.

BETA SOFTWARE: DONT USE IT

STABLE VERSION: USE IT

Then you will not be forced to update, simple eh? ;)

BETA SOFTWARE: DONT USE IT

STABLE VERSION: USE IT

Then you will not be forced to update, simple eh? ;)

LOL nice one Satan:)

Let's be less rude, so people can understand the situation from both sides.

Had the time to test StrongDC++ 2.12 today. I can't wait for a new ApexDC++ version based on it... Please, make us all happy and release it ASAP :D

Had the time to test StrongDC++ 2.12 today. I can't wait for a new ApexDC++ version based on it... Please, make us all happy and release it ASAP :P

Yeah it's pretty stable Rigor. We'll look forward to releasing it to you guys. :D

Yeah it's pretty stable Rigor. We'll look forward to releasing it to you guys. :)

Looking really forward 2 the release......... been testing the latest StrongDC++ and i like it. Hope 2 c a new Apex rls soon