Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spqq

"Ignore all except white list" or "Ignore all except favorites" feature

8 posts in this topic

Hi!

First of all, I'm using your app for long time and consider it nice and comfortable!

But often stupid ppl annoying by their dialogs and i want to have tool to shut them up. In this case Ignore is helpful.

But when there a lot of such ppl amounts to scores and hundreds it's becoming hardly...

And in this case Such feature will be great!

Can I rely on you? :)

//i know that my english is awful :o

I don't think it is good idea as dc++ is based on chat :o i think an option as " disable pm" isn't in the spirit of dc.

For people who doesn't want pm , i advised to use stuff as torrents :) (even if i agree that not always the pm i receive are welcome :crying: )

Still, why not making some option-able bot filter, like: Name our planet: (type "Earth"). Or mathematics, as more universal language. Then, messages could be send to some junk box for later reviewing, or displayed, again according to an option.

I mean ingnore in main chat window!

I chosed DC not torrents or other fileshare-network cause I'm living in ass-****ed country named Russia and have speed-limited internet connection (128kbps) and not speed-limited local network connection, where we have own dc-server with ~300 users and ~25TB total share. But on this server hundreds of stupid assholes, whose talk annoying. I have chosed in Settings option "Suppress main chat", but sometimes it's necessary and useful to chat somebody appropriate. And in this case Ignore All except Favorites feature is right that needed.

I'm understandable? :)

Yeah, it's almost the same f* sh*t down here, with too many nasty goddamn b*stards, some hubs are really damn awful place, which totally s*x. I am glad to meet a fellow from Eastern Europe with so f*cking beautiful and fine vocabulary. :thumbsup:

As for ignore in main chat, usually the f*cking OPs take care, but PMs are far more annoying.

P. S. Firefox has "sh*t" in its spell-checker. :mellow:

So, anyone of developers give me an answer?

Or this forum is only for surface discussions?

If I responded to every feature request in these forums it would take way too much of my time, I do read them through though... as for this one I agree with points presented by Kryppy, since DC is very much chat oriented I don't think such option as this is necessary.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0