ziddey

need to manually refresh list to update it?

24 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this belongs in the bugs section since it might just be a setting that I'm not setting right. I've noticed this behavior both in 1.0.0b4 as well as the current build. Under export mode, it's set to autorefresh every 20 minutes. And it does scan and hash any new files. However, the actual file list doesn't seem to get automatically updated. I still need to hit ctrl+e or choose refresh file list from the file dropdown in order for them to show up. This is problematic since I have a method of allowing users on the hub to use me to download fresh content via usenet or other sources without the need for me to be there. However, if the files can't automatically show up, it's a little moot. Just curious if there's anything I'm overlooking? Pretty normal setup here. Just XP

It can take a while to update your file size, this is due to uploading to hubs etc. it's normal, give it a mo, it will update.

It can take a while to update your file size, this is due to uploading to hubs etc. it's normal, give it a mo, it will update.

Thanks. It's not so much the size it reports that matters. It's the fact that no files will actually enter the filelist and be searchable until I manually do a ctrl+e. It'll register in the log as having all files hashed. Hitting ctrl+e manually doesn't make it rehash, but it does make it actually shared.

Thanks. It's not so much the size it reports that matters. It's the fact that no files will actually enter the filelist and be searchable until I manually do a ctrl+e. It'll register in the log as having all files hashed. Hitting ctrl+e manually doesn't make it rehash, but it does make it actually shared.

Mine is the same, it takes a while to update, seems more common on large file lists/big shares.

The idea is that you hash all the files, and once that is completed, it adds it to share after it refreshes automatically (by default: 60 minutes). You can reduce this in Advanced > Experts only.

The idea is that you hash all the files, and once that is completed, it adds it to share after it refreshes automatically (by default: 60 minutes). You can reduce this in Advanced > Experts only.

Does not actually happen to me. I see a lot of messages in the log saying that file list refresh finished, but still if I open own list, I see old stuff there. New staff appears only if I manually type /refresh. Version 1.0.0B5.

Does not actually happen to me. I see a lot of messages in the log saying that file list refresh finished, but still if I open own list, I see old stuff there. New staff appears only if I manually type /refresh. Version 1.0.0B5.

Thanks ;) That's what I've been trying to say. I'd have no problem setting refresh interval to 1 minute if it'd mean the list would get updated every 2. But as it is, the scenario is that I have both a connection to the school campus vs wireless as well as cable internet. The school is metered, so I give access to the campus to download things from usenet through me. The files that get downloaded will hash at the intervals but the file list never ever refreshes unless I actually do a ctrl+e manually. So it makes it so that I have to be there to make it so they can download.

I doesn't update instantly, it takes a few minutes to update, so setting the interval to 1 minute is pointless.

I doesn't update instantly, it takes a few minutes to update, so setting the interval to 1 minute is pointless.

I did not change standard refresh interval, and file list was not refreshed within more than 3 hours, though there were a lot of messages stating that file list refresh finished. It only updated after I manually typed /refresh more than 3 hours after adding files to shared directory.

Coincidence I think, because I know for a fact that my file list shows as refreshed with files missing but if I check back a few minutes later they are there.

I have also experienced what ziddey is saying, i was downloading from torrents with apex open, left it over night, and added about 50 GB to share, but when opening own file list, the news files were not showing until i did CTRL + E... once i did that nothing hashed, but all files were now showing in own file list

Tony

Coincidence I think, because I know for a fact that my file list shows as refreshed with files missing but if I check back a few minutes later they are there.

Ok. In my case I added directories with subdirectories into a shared directory. Maybe this was the case. I didn't try to add just files to share. And I don't think it is coincidence, since not only I experiencing this issue.

once i did that nothing hashed, but all files were now showing in own file list

Yep, it has nothing to do with hashing, files get hashed after first auto refresh. They just don't get into share after hashing is finished and until /refresh manually typed.

I do not have Apex right now (ok, I should use Logmein to my home server and I am lazy :) ), but there is an option somewhere "Automatically add finished downloads to share (if shared)" or similar. Have you activated it?

Edit: "Add finished files to share instantly (if shared)" in Advanced, should be no. 17 from top to bottom.

I do not have Apex right now (ok, I should use Logmein to my home server and I am lazy :) ), but there is an option somewhere "Automatically add finished downloads to share (if shared)" or similar. Have you activated it?

Edit: "Add finished files to share instantly (if shared)" in Advanced, should be no. 17 from top to bottom.

This option is abolutely not related to the issue.

Oh well, just try it. ;) I simply don't have issues with my Apex DC++. :)

Oh well, just try it. ;) I simply don't have issues with my Apex DC++. :)

I'm already happy with StrongDC++ which does not have this issue. And the option you are talking about is related to downloaded files only and only if download folder is shared. I don't share download folder and issue is not with downloaded files. Also, as it was said before, new files are actually found and hashed, but don't go in file list until /refresh typed manualy. This is definetely a bug.

It is your choice, however my suggestion was addressed to ziddey, and I am quite sure it will work for you too. This happens when using other's people topics. Anyway, if SDC works for you, use it, but don't call a bug smth without trying what the support sez.

P. S. And still I reserve the right to be wrong, as every human being.

It is your choice, however my suggestion was addressed to ziddey, and I am quite sure it will work for you too.

Believe me, it will NOT work.

Anyway, if SDC works for you, use it, but don't call a bug smth without trying what the support sez.

When support "sez" nonsense, I will not try it. As simple as that. And before suggesting something like that without even logically thinking how could it really help, try to reproduce bug on your system.

As you wish, it is not my problem. I am not going to "check my nonsense" on a working client, which would be the real nonsense, rehashing over 200GB just to see that I am right. :) This is my last post regarding it.

As you wish, it is not my problem. I am not going to "check my nonsense" on a working client, which would be the real nonsense, rehashing over 200GB just to see that I am right. :) This is my last post regarding it.

Why rehashing everything? Do you even understand what is this topic about? The problem is that ApexDC++ does not add NEWLY hashed files to file list. Just put something to a shared directory and wait until it will be hashed, then check your own list.

The option will not work. That said, I've always had it checked anyway. It only applies to files downloaded via dc++ being immediately reshared. But my problem is with files that I download from an external means, such as torrent or usenet, or what have you.

Now I see the difference. It is probably possible to add a "checking" of the size of user specified folder/s, and if different, rehash and refresh. Accept my apologies. Btw have you tried setting your default Apex download folder to Usenet's one, i. e. using one and the same?