Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Klinsk

[World Languages] Dutch

7 posts in this topic

Anyone Dutch in here? (except me, well I'm from Belgium but I talk Dutch haha, actually Flemish but I understand ppl from the Netherlands)

Since there are Bulgarian and Icelandic languages (which raises a big WTF?! sign over my head), the Dutch language is a priority imo.

Well, thank you, I've always knew that people don't give a sh*t about others, f. ex. Bulgarians in this case. :) Respectively it is unlikely some non-Dutch to translate Apex in Dutch, it's just a wicked human nature maybe. :) If you need and can do it, please go ahead and publish it here, it will be used and appreciated. :)

I am still hoping to be able to do a new BG translation some day. It is how I think it actually happens, client gets tranlated when he gets enogh popularity in a given country (at the point when so many users use it, that some of them happens to be dedicated enough to translate).

P. S. Just looked at TGO hub, there are 2 NL, 4 IS and 10 BG users there. :D

It is how I think it actually happens, client gets tranlated when he gets enogh popularity in a given country (at the point when so many users use it, that some of them happens to be dedicated enough to translate).

Maybe it is possible to get some stats about apex popularity in a given country looking at isp from downloads on sourceforge.(even if they are many "unofficial mirrors" where it is possible to get the client)

Im just glad I speak english, problem with translating, is a new version becomes avail and you have translate it all over again, or large parts of it anyway.

I'm not trying to flame on Bulgarian people :crying: :P I was just wondering... Dutch may be not a world language but you can find Holland ppl everywhere. They're like a virus.

/flames some more on his neighbours :D

EDIT: Dutch is an easy language :P

EDIT: Dutch is an easy language :P

Oh yeah, you just can't imagine how easy Bulgarian language is too. I knew it even when I was like 2-3 years old. :D And while we are a small beautiful place with fallen economics and about 8 000 000 population, out of which not much native Bulgarians (maybe even more than 8 000 000 live abroad now :crying: ), I pretend Russian to be very close to Bulgarian, and having in mind the resources and potential of the great "Mother Russia", this is already smth. But really, the point is that every man and respectively nation, regardless of its size (which not always means quality) has the right to have its own place under the sun, including having a translated Apex DC++. Unfortunately it is up to them to cooperate for this, as many people have already done.

P. S. Regarding abusing, you should really try harder. I pretend to have some sense of humor too, do not worry. :P Sorry if this went too offtopic.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0