Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zlobomir

Hub\Slot ratio=1

8 posts in this topic

Hub\Slot ratio=1 by default instead of just 2 open slots. What do you say?

I hate the hub/slot ratio option, it don't have an option for 0.5 slots per hub.

So you just had (another) good idea?

I don't like how a beginner can enter 20 hubs and have 20 upload slots open without his knowledge. :)

Most hubs accept 1slot=2hubs, so we should be able to set the ratio down to 0.5 IMHO, btw, if we do this manually thru DCPlusPlus.xml does it over-ride it for us and go back to 1 or will it work?

I don't like how a beginner can enter 20 hubs and have 20 upload slots open without his knowledge. :)

I do not like even more how beginnerS with nice connections enter 20+ hubs and have 2 upload slots open, again without their knowledge, and at some point get a kick or even ban, not to mention all the possible "blessings", which they get from more experienced users. Imagine a non-English speaking newbie, he will just think "What the .... (use imagination here)" and uninstall, or be a permanent pain in the... hub. :)

@Satan: I will try btw. And we should be able to go even below 0.5, hubs decide how is enough.

Idea: Do it more clever : H\S ratio = X, but never more than Y slots.

Is it possible to make slot-ratio related with your Nominal bandwith setting ?

For example: if you set Nominal bandwith on 0.005 MBits/s , slot ratio should automaticaly be 0.5

if you set it on 0.01 MBits/s , slot ratio should automaticaly be 1

Is it possible to make slot-ratio related with your Nominal bandwith setting ?

For example: if you set Nominal bandwith on 0.005 MBits/s , slot ratio should automaticaly be 0.5

if you set it on 0.01 MBits/s , slot ratio should automaticaly be 1

Sure, if we could rely on people to set this correctly or even know about it. But I do not like the idea of hard-locking slots no. to bw.

Edit: And client should be able to increase/decrease slots automatically during "Alternate transfer limit".

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0