Klinsk

Huh?

55 posts in this topic

Euhm any idea how to set up? lol. I don't know what they mean by [number] ~ [number].

This is a range of ports (say 20000~20020).

Also, I only can select one option ("Always blocking") on my Scheduling Rule (Ref. Schedule Rule Page):

Drop-down menu is disabled?

EDIT: the Help function on my router isn't very clarifying :)

Well, I found a user manual for a Philips router (SNK5620) which looks like what our friend Klinsk has. See Philips. "Access Control" is defined as such: Access Control allows users to define the outgoing traffic permitted or not-permitted through the WAN interface. So it concerns outgoing traffic, like the "Filters" feature on my D-Link router. This is not what we are looking for.

Every site that I found that talks about port forwarding for Philips routers says that it is done through the Virtual Server feature. This is what the manual says about Virtual Server:

If you configure the ADSL Wireless Base Station as a virtual server, remote users

accessing services such as web or FTP at your local site via public IP addresses can be

automatically redirected to local servers configured with private IP addresses. In

other words, depending on the requested service (TCP/UDP port number), the

ADSL Wireless Base Station redirects the external service request to the appropriate

server (located at another internal IP address).

For example, if you set Type/Public Port to TCP/80 (HTTP or web) and the Private

IP/Port to 192.168.2.2/80, then all HTTP requests from outside users will be

transferred to 192.168.2.2 on port 80. Therefore, by just entering the IP address

provided by the ISP, Internet users can access the service they need at the local

address to which you redirect them.

So based on the above, what Klinsk is doing in his Virtual Server page seems correct. I would also make sure that NAT is "enabled" (two items up in the global menu on the left).

Yes, was Virtual Server on my TrendNet TW100S4-W1CA too.

Hopefully final update: ApexDC++ is up and running like a charm :) DU Super Controller was my problem.

Thx everyone for your assistance and guidance, I really appreciate it and I owe you big time :) :lol: